Review of Nice People Finish First

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Nice People Finish First

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nice People Finish First" by Paul H. Wright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nice People Finish First is a book that summarises the fifty-year work experience of Paul H. Wright as a psychologist/psychotherapist. Through his experience, he rounded off basic life experiences with four principles: Humility, Appreciation, Love, and Forgiveness (H.A.L.F). Having had his fair share of life's trouble, Paul H. Wright explained these principles to be key factors to a happy life. Also, the author went further to give out tips to achieve a better life and society. He equally highlighted the importance of seeking channels for personal growth. The book is basically about healthy, happy living and the personal development of the reader. Much of the book was on mental health issues and the solutions to them. Find out about all of these from this remarkable book by Paul H. Wright.

There are a couple of things I love about Nice People Finish First. Firstly, it was great motivation to go on and pursue happiness and a fulfilled life. Paul using his H.A.L.F principle, brought out quality tips to help people grow in all facets of life. The really topical issue of mental health was extensively discussed, and I gained a lot of knowledge from that. I loved that the book educated readers on how to overcome addictions and substance abuse, grow spiritually, be more proactive, and protect one's self and loved ones with one's attitude. Each of the principles was arranged in parts with the important subsections to give extensive explanations. Those arranged parts had different messages but essentially addressed the general topic of a healthy mind towards a happy ending. Lastly, I loved that the author gave parenting lessons in this book.

I couldn't dislike any part of the book because it was a completely enlightening read, and I gained insight from its pages. A high percentage of the world's population is dealing with one terrible mental illness or the other. This book sure offered tips that could be of immense help to one's mental health and that of one's society and the world at large.

I found no error in Nice People Finish First by Paul H. Wright. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars, and I have to state that it was exceptionally well edited. I didn't deduct any star because the book was really educational, therapeutic, and encouraging.

I recommend Nice People Finish First by Paul H. Wright to all lovers of self-help books. Readers seeking to improve their mental health drastically will equally find this book helpful.

Nice People Finish First
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

A book on psychology is always interesting and this book seems to have an interesting twist.
Mathabo Phetla
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mathabo Phetla »

Interesting message to people who need a way to feel alive again. I would like to learn such principles and master every one of them to achieve successful living. Who wouldn’t want that.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I’ll like to read this book any time I come across it. Great review!
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Psychlogical health is esencial in a changing and insecure world. Happyness, Appreciation, Love and Forgiveness is a promising cure. It seems the title "First People Finish First", means if you behave according to this four principles you will succed..
Sendikadiwa Samuel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sendikadiwa Samuel »

Nice people finish first is a must read for everyone that wants to be better mentally, succeed in whatever they are doing because the book teaches alot promise it will not leave you the same
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

This is a must read to me. I would like to read this enlightening book. Great review.
James Opolot
Favorite Author: Ken Rusk
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 23
fav_author_id: 216032

Post by James Opolot »

I love the content in this book due to the fact that it touches issues of the mind
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

A book that focuses on developing the mind sure sounds like it'd be beneficial. Your review is thorough and enlightening.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”