Review of Be Decent: Environmental Activism 2.0

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Review of Be Decent: Environmental Activism 2.0

Post by Rhodahams »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Be Decent: Environmental Activism 2.0" by Samantha Joule Fow.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Be Decent: Environmental Activism 2.0 is an environmental book by Samantha Joule Fow. It is a book that talks extensively about the individuals in society and society in general. Samantha starts by writing about society and how the citizens don’t trust the government. Using the United States as a case study, she lists a lot of factors that led to the problem.

She writes about climate change and the various effects it has on society. She writes about pollution, biodiversity, blockchain, and even went as far as writing about the acid that accumulates in the ocean as a result of plastic pollution and other factors. Close to the end of the book, she writes about the various ways in which we could solve the problems and save both humans and animals from impending doom.

I learned a lot of things from this book. After reading this book, I got to know that some particular species of animals could go into extinction. I learned about various factors that could cause the ocean to be filled with acid. There are numerous things that could lead to this grave problem, and there are a lot of effects it has on humans and the world in general. I learned all of these thanks to this book. I like the fact that after the author criticized a lot of things about how humans behave in the environment and after she explained and listed out a lot of factors that affected the environment, she also listed the ways in which we all could solve the various problems. I like how she started this book from the beginning. I mean, she explained about the government and the way the citizens lost confidence in them before she explained the major problem that bedeviled the society. Another thing I loved about this book was that, unlike other books, Samantha inserted the endnotes at the end of the book and not at the end of each page of the book. The book is also a short read.

I did not dislike anything about this book. I enjoyed everything about it. I found a few errors in it. The book was professionally edited.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t give it a lower rating because I enjoyed every aspect of this book and also because of the positive aspects that I started above. This is an outstanding book filled with extraordinary information. I recommend this book to environmental activists. Also, environmental teachers and students would find this an interesting read.

Be Decent: Environmental Activism 2.0
View: on Bookshelves
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

One thing I've come to place so much value on is the review if books. This is because it gives me an idea of what book I may enjoy and subsequently add them to my to read list. Nicely written review
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Enviromental issues are more important then ever. The titel of the book confuses me a bid: 'Be Decent: Environment Activism 2.0'. I think, the number '2.0' means it's a new phase in environment activism, like version numbering in software.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

A book about environmental activism is timely considering the issue of global warming. I love the book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

The awareness of the global crisis that is becoming worse every day is crucial for people if we want a hope to survive a possible collapse of the world's ecosystems. A book that offers useful information to increse people's awareness is very welcome. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

Environmental consciousness is a pertinent concern in this age. I am glad there's such a resourceful book that calls people to their responsibility to the subject. Your review is an absolute primer on the contents of the book.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

Any book on climate change gets a nod of approval from me. Truth is that climate change is real and we need to act fast to save the earth. Good book. Beautiful review.
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

Remarkably, your review captures the essence of the book beautifully.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”