Review of Enjoy the Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyjim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Review of Enjoy the Journey

Post by Joyjim »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Enjoy the Journey" by Martha Hoy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unexpected catastrophic events in our lives often become major landmarks or turning points in our lifestyles. Achieving success in life despite such past traumas is the forte of resilient individuals. Enjoy The Journey by Martha Hoy relates an amazing tale of recovery from life's traumas.

Martha was returning from work when her car got rammed from behind by a speeding van. Three persons died from the impact, while Martha was badly injured and disfigured. She drifted in and out of consciousness and couldn't recognize herself in the mirror. Her husband had not been a compassionate person, and after the accident, his personality got worse. Not only that, she later got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. It is up to Martha to put back the pieces of her life. However, the road to recovery seems to be a lonely one due to rejection from family and friends.

In wonder and amazement, I read about how Martha courageously faced life head on. Her response toward adversity is worthy of emulation and can be the prod for others to keep living a good life, despite difficulties. I love the fact that the author often shared how she felt. This made the narrative much more emotional and unique.

I love the quotes and factual statements included in the narrative. They were vital to the core principles guiding the author. An outstanding fact on page 37 said, "We should accept everyone for who they are, but we should never tolerate being treated in ways that leave us feeling disrespected or devalued." Many others like this made this book a pleasure to read.

I had a great time following the author on her numerous trips. She detailed her experiences while touring Uganda, Italy, Dubai, and so on. I was able to learn new things about Uganda. One of these concerns the availability of electricity and internet connections. This is my favorite part of the book.

I love the fact that many pictures of the author showing the places and people she had been with were included in the book. Although they were all in negatives, I had a great time going through them.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was not professionally edited. The typographical errors in the text are my points of dislike. Throughout the book, Martha's love for people stood out. Despite having numerous personal trials, she found ways to give to others. People who are facing challenges in life and those who desire to add value to the lives of others can learn much from this book.

Enjoy the Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ikechukwu+12345
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-12345.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Ikechukwu+12345 »

I hope I can read this book, recovering from trauma is something that people are seeking. Thanks for an interesting review.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

That martha could courageously face life despite all she was going through is enough to encourage one in time destress never to giveup. Great review.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

Seems like a book with a lot to say. Martha story sounds like a really inspiring one.
Tina M 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tina-m-2.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham

Post by Tina M 2 »

Trauma is a hard thing to get past and with Martha's story it can serve as great inspirations for others. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”