Review of Organic To The Core

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Organic To The Core

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Organic To The Core" by Donald Nordeng.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When setting up a business, there are so many factors to consider. From creating a logo to selecting an office front, attention must be paid to every detail if one must be ready to prevent a failure in the early stages of the business. Despite all this, some businesses still neglect the often overlooked aspect of staff employment and training or even the more crucial aspect of building a recognizable brand. In a bid to create a sustainable, eco-friendly brand, some businesses have chosen to go fully organic in their production process. This involves using environmentally friendly and safe materials to create their products. It is not as simple as it looks. The entire process is quite challenging, both financially and in development.

Organic To The Core by Donald Nordeng is filled with detailed and specific instructions regarding setting up an eco-friendly business entity. This non-fiction guide sets out to aid business owners who seek to integrate an environmentally friendly approach to their business methods.

The author's instructions are detailed and straightforward. It is practically impossible not to understand what he is trying to pass along while reading the book. Relatable examples are abundant as you go through the chapters in the book. One of my favorite examples is when he talks about the methods by which a supermarket in his neighborhood set up shop with a view to providing some degree of comfort for their customers while skillfully trying to enforce all the social distancing criteria necessary during the Covid-19 lockdown. The editing is equally almost error-free, which shows it was professionally undertaken.

I did find something I consider a bit unusual about the book. For a book primarily targeted at business owners who wish to apply the lessons from organics to their business models, there is much information on standard types of management models for an upcoming business. It almost feels like the book's organic aspect was an afterthought compared to other issues discussed in the book. However, I didn't consider it a big issue, as it would also benefit businesses.

Business owners and new startups will find the information in this book particularly helpful in cutting down on wastage and building a brand with a long-term direction in mind. The information on how a brand interacts with its immediate community is something that teachers will find helpful in the classroom.

This book is short and arranged simply but stacked with beneficial information. The author's numerous examples make it easy to read and understand. I rate Organic To The Core 4 out of 4 stars. It is a book that can positively impact businesses in the post-Covid era.

Organic To The Core
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nan_Syl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nan-syl.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Nan_Syl »

At first glance, I thought the book was about nutrition and healthy feeding on organic produce, I was clearly mistaken.
I now see that it is about integrating economically friendly methods in businesses.
Thank goodness for reviews, you did well in giving me an insight about the book.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Really setting up an eco-friendly business is challenging. I have to read this book cause I’m sure it will contain helpful knowledge. Thanks for your review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Considering the current challenges with climate change at the forefront, I believe the Eco friendly inclusion is of high importance, I enjoyed the review....
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like that the author made it really easy to understand and used relatable examples. I hope people who read are also able to implement these guides. Great review.
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manas-ranjan-mishra.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Manas Ranjan Mishra »

When I observed the cover, i thought it can be something about nutrition and health. But after reading the review ,cover looks kind of apt. Bussiness is a crucial mandatory skill for everyone. I would like to try the book. Thanks for the review.
Sharing is caring. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Ndagire Hassifah
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Ndagire Hassifah »

When I read the title and observed the cover, I thought the book was about nutrition and health. But after reading the review, I think the title and cover suits the book. An eco-friendly business entity. I really have to read this book. Thanks for the review.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Wow. This book is really a mind blower. Likening success in entrepreneurship to organics? I would love to read. Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”