Review of My life with PSORIASIS

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Review of My life with PSORIASIS

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My life with PSORIASIS" by Ross Gambril.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My life with PSORIASIS is a brief account of the author’s experiences as a sufferer of a skin disease named psoriasis. Apart from the discomfort this caused Ross Gambril, it had huge effects on his life. Some of them include the loss of a job opportunity and his inability to engage in certain activities. To be free from this skin ailment, he kept using and experimenting with various kinds of treatments. However, they were of little or no effect. This spurred him to research more about the disease. With the advice of a friend and his research, he came up with a treatment that has sufficiently erased the physical appearance of the disease on his skin.

The name and form of this treatment, as well as how it was made, how it is being used, its effect on the disease, and how long it has worked for him, were mentioned. Furthermore, its possible side effects (although minute) and how to cushion or eliminate their occurrence were also written.

I was in awe when I realized that the author, who did mention that he is not a medical professional, came up with such a treatment. However, this was done with the help of professionals, and relevant regulations were adhered to. It is inspiring that he did not settle with using ineffective forms of treatment but looked for a better alternative. I believe this is a good way to approach life. Furthermore, his quest for a better alternative has not just helped him but others. Also, it will most likely be helpful to sufferers of psoriasis and other related skin diseases. Indeed, based on the track record of the author’s treatment as disclosed in the book, the target audience may not hesitate to try it out.

On the downside, the bulk of my complaint about this book rests on the high level of repetition in it. To be more precise, the author mentioned a particular point up to five times in the book. Although we all know that repetitions may be necessary, they should not be employed unnecessarily, especially in a book where readers are out to get relevant information. Furthermore, I found many errors, which are mostly misuse of commas. I believe the above complaints make apparent the need for another round of editing and proofreading. This also forms the basis of my rating, which is 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a lower rating because I am positive that the information contained therein will be helpful to many people.

Those who are suffering from psoriasis will relate to this book and empathize with the author. Furthermore, I recommend the book to the aforementioned people. This is because they may discover an alternative to the ineffective treatment they may be taking and other relevant information.

My life with PSORIASIS
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
ChampagneSon
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-champagneson.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by ChampagneSon »

The author gave hope to people suffering from the same skin disease. Awesome review.
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

It's rare to find anyone without the appropriate medical skill, to embark on a scientific journey like this. Thank you for the review.
joy peris
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by joy peris »

the author decided not to keep the treatment to himself but to help others...he is a good person
Brad Stevenson

Post by Brad Stevenson »

I'm sure people suffering from this Psoriasis will find the book extremely helpful. Thanks!
QualityAndQuantity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qualityandquantity.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by QualityAndQuantity »

The story of the author seems quite intriguing to me. I wanna know how he got rid of the disease. Great review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Glad the author found a way around it. I'll be interested to know what this cure is. Great review
mayrasingh25

Post by mayrasingh25 »

Wonderful review, this will motivate all those who is suffering from psoriasis.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”