Review of Learn to Master Personal Finance Management

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Learn to Master Personal Finance Management

Post by Kim Jek »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Learn to Master Personal Finance Management" by Calvin Wheatly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What are the negative habits that can keep one from achieving financial success? What qualities are needed to succeed financially? How can you use credit cards wisely? How can you know which investment option is best for you? Learn to Master Personal Finance Management by Calvin Wheatley answers these questions and more.

The book explains the relationship between discipline and consistency when it comes to managing money. It also discusses 5 beliefs that can enslave one financially and 3 ways to become financially smart. It defines habit, uses Duhiggie's habit loop framework to explain how and why habits form, and gives advice that can help build and maintain good habits. The author talks about one of the greatest strategies to break the habit of impulsive buying, how to improve financial literacy, how to create a sound financial plan, and how to make income from selling virtual or digital goods.

I loved how the author organized information in a systematic way. This made it easier for me to enjoy and understand the book. I did not feel overwhelmed at any point. I also loved the author's use of questions. For example, the author used questions to help readers access the role of money in their life. These searching questions can aid effective self-analysis in financial matters. This is what I love most about the book.

This book is well arranged and logical. The author's suggestions are clear and concise. I love the author's use of illustrations to help readers understand what is being discussed. I particularly love the author's illustrations of a dented baking pan and a cozy bed when discussing habits. Also, the tone of the text is encouraging and reassuring. The author convinced me that managing personal finance is attainable and that one has no need to make millions to achieve this.

I love the author's use of examples. The example of Tyson and Ellena helped me understand terms like assets, insurance coverage, retirement expenses, and so on. I also love how he used the examples of celebrities like Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran, and others to explain what it means to live on a budget.

I have no dislike about this book. It is professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Families who wish to work together to improve their financial status will enjoy this book. Also, those in financial debt will find this book very helpful.

Learn to Master Personal Finance Management
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Everyone needs to master financial management. It's easy to take a disciplinary action towards your finances, but it's a harder to maintain it. I guess this book would help with that. Thank you for your review.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I believe financial management is very crucial. I can never learn too much information, so I would love to read this book. Thanks for the review.
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

I can not wait to read this book and add some quality as an entreprenuer
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

I can not wait to read this book and add some quality as an entreprenuer
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Financial management is a great topic. I always like talking about it. I should read this book for more knowledge on how to manage finances.
Sheila Gehlmann
Currently Reading: Chasing Time
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheila-gehlmann.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sheila Gehlmann »

This book sounds like it would be very helpful in getting personal finances in order. I may read it for the good advice.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

I know people who will love reading this book and this detailed review is just the thing they need to know what all the book entails. Thanks for being so thorough with the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”