Review of Snippet’s

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Snippet’s

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Snippet's" by Dr.Brendell Thomas Francis.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Snippets by Dr. Brendell Thomas Francis is a non-fiction book containing stories of the author’s memories and experiences, as well as plenty of her advice to the reader. The author writes from a Christian perspective, focusing on the significance of faith in God. Her tone and style are informal, simple, and creative.

The writer begins by remembering leaving her home from the window when she was six years old when her parents were drunk one night. She lived in a red zone with a high level of criminality, while her father was a fortune-teller, so nobody bothered her. She then continues by sharing inspirational quotes and testimonies, focusing on God’s help in her life. She explains that God will never abandon a person who seeks Him, while she proclaims favor, joy, and love to the reader’s life. After a person encounters God’s love, he/she is truly changed positively, leading to peace and tranquility. She also analyzes the importance of having faith and fleeing from the comfort zone in order to reach the destiny God has ordered. Furthermore, the author discusses increase, saying that God will bring increase, glory, and restoration to the reader’s life.

I enjoyed some elements of the text. First of all, the author added originality and creativity to the book by sharing her personal experiences in a unique and authentic manner. What I liked most about the text was that the writer utilized Bible verses to encourage and motivate the reader. In this way, the author managed to pass on a message of hope, positivity, and joy to the reader.

One thing that I disliked in this book was that it contained several grammar and typographical mistakes, which damaged the writer's status. What I disliked most in the text was that it was not structured well since I felt that the flow was incoherent and incohesive, leading to a sense of disorganization and disorder in the book.

This book is best suited for female Christian readers who enjoy motivational books. Women may prefer this book because the author often refers specifically to women in the text, while female readers will relate best to her stories. Christian readers will like this book more since there are plenty of Biblical quotes in it.

In conclusion, the book deserves a score of 2 out of 4 stars. I removed two stars because there were plenty of grammatical mistakes and disorder in the text. On the other hand, the author was original and positive, which is why I did not give the book the worst score.

Snippet's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
nerdychikka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdychikka.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by nerdychikka »

This book appears to be a bit cluttered in many different styles. I am going to pass on this one.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”