Review of American Conspiracies And Cover-ups

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bradley Shelvie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of American Conspiracies And Cover-ups

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "American Conspiracies And Cover-ups" by Douglas Cirignano.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As the title suggests, American Conspiracies and Cover-ups: JFK, 9/11, the Fed, Rigged Elections, Suppressed Cancer Cures, and the Greatest Conspiracies of Our Time by Douglas Cirignano examines major conspiracies in American history. In this book, Cirignano interviews several people who are either directly involved in one way or another in such conspiracies or have key knowledge in them.

The book has 12 chapters, each dealing with a different conspiracy. The overall aim of the book is to try and prove that the American government has been involved in massive conspiracies and cover-ups both locally and globally. It questions whether, for example, the American government (among other conspiracies and cover-ups it has been accused of), was involved in the 9/11 International Trade Center bombing and the assassination of J. F. Kennedy and the Cuban president, Fidel Castro. Two people of the twelve the author interviews in the book are Noam Chomsky, an MIT professor (and also the father of modern linguistics), and Dr. Ralph Moss, an author and cancer researcher.

I enjoyed the conspiracy surrounding the origin of HIV the most. Even though my great interest in the topic has contributed to my enjoyment to an extent, it is majorly the spectacular way it has been presented that has awed me. Dr. Alan C. Cantwell, an AIDS researcher, when interviewed, presents arguments that are hard not to believe which allege that we have been lied to all along about the origin of HIV. He refutes the claims that the virus may have originated from an ape in Africa and strongly believes a major mistake by the American government (intentional or unintentional) is the major cause for the start of the HIV pandemic that has claimed millions of lives.

Still, on the previous point, there are shocking details on whether or not HIV was used as a depopulation strategy. Cantwell also gives explanations to try and find out if HIV was a biological weapon created by the American defense forces to give them a military advantage in the second World War. What makes it all amazing is that the analysis of these allegations is given by an HIV expert, and this strengthens the authority in whatever is being said.

Another thing I've appreciated in the book is the neutrality the author has maintained throughout the book. Conspiracies are usually a cause of serious debates which sometimes cause bitter and sharp differences between their proponents and opponents. Some conspiracies are also just merely made-up stories and blatant lies, and neutrality like the one the author shows helps steer off supporting and promoting such lies. Most conclusions, if any, are from the people being interviewed, and the author has very little input in the views presented.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. The book seems professionally edited, but I did find a few minor errors which didn't hamper me in any way. I rate the book 4 out of 4. Apart from the HIV conspiracy which I love the most, I've greatly enjoyed reading all the other conspiracies, too. Also, the author does not take any sides or influence the opinions in the book.

If you are interested in conspiracy theories, this book will be a great read. However, these are just mere conspiracies, and I strongly advise they should not be taken too seriously even though some are given by experts and professionals. The book requires an open mind and being free to different or contradictory opinions. If, however, you are likely to be triggered, this book is not appropriate for you.

American Conspiracies And Cover-ups
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

Seems like an amazing book. However, I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories, as they just remain theories that mess with my previous beliefs. I do think it'll be nice to hear another's point of view though. So I might add this book to my shelf.
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

Man this book seems like it has some spice to it. I've always been a conspiracy fan since I was in my early teens so I would love to read this one. Thanks for the review.
Best 817ch
Favorite Book: Betrayal of Faith
Currently Reading: Mary Magdalene
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-best-817ch.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Post by Best 817ch »

Lately, I've been paying close attention these stories so this sounds like a great book to read.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 115%

Post by John Owen »

This is quite a bold move by the author. It is good we point out ills done in history so that we don't repeat them in the future. Nice review!
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by The Holy Grail »

I love conspiracies! I always believe there is some truth in them. I'm also interested in the what the book says about the US being in the play. Nice review!
Essy moonlight11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-moonlight11.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Essy moonlight11 »

Conspiracies usually interest and fascinates me. I'd certainly like this book on my shelf. Wonderful review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”