Review of Bronze Seeks Silver

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Bronze Seeks Silver

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bronze Seeks Silver" by Mat Zucker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Whatever career path we have chosen, we usually wish to have a great career and leave unforgettable memories in our lives and in the life of those we work with. Most of us have that passion for pursuing a creative career in marketing. Well, what can we do to lay our hands on a book filled with lessons from a creative career in marketing?

Bronze Seeks Silver: Lessons From A Creative Career In Marketing was written by Mat Zucker. It is a non-fiction book about the author’s career in marketing. The author explained the intricacies of having a career in marketing from the lessons, regrets, words of encouragement, and advice he picked up along the path of his career. This book explained how bronze could seek silver and get it.

Mat proved to be a creative writer as well as a good storyteller, as he told his stories chronologically, taking us from the beginning when he had no job to his first job at FCB. He did this sequentially without boring his readers with unnecessary scenes. I particularly liked the way the writer added a glossary at the end of the chapters, as these glossaries would help readers who might find some words and sentences difficult to understand. He also added extra explanations to certain ideas and even provided links for further research.

Furthermore, another positive aspect of the book was that the author recommended some books, which he thought would go further in helping the reader grow in life and career as copywriters and freelancers. Mat has also inspired me to want to take up new challenges and be the best in my niche. He taught me to always seek to be gold even though right now I might be silver or bronze or worse still, something below. He wasn't stagnant. He wanted new challenges, as his father has inculcated in him. He wanted to be the best in every ranking, even in his yoga class.

There was nothing I considered negative about this book, as the author ensured that nothing would hinder the reader’s enjoyment of the book. The book was professionally edited aside from the few errors that I spotted. The book's structure was also perfectly executed. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to those who are interested in having a career in marketing and advertising. I benefited strongly from this book as a writer.

Bronze Seeks Silver
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Sounds very cool . Would love to read. Thank you
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I love books that are written from experience and are also educative. Would add this book to my shelf. Great review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Am not really a fan of marketing as a study but I think everyone needs to read a career book, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”