Review of The Ordinary Millionaire

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Review of The Ordinary Millionaire

Post by jennydelacruz »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Ordinary Millionaire" by MQ Hana.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

MQ Hana takes us back to his life before becoming a millionaire. The Ordinary Millionaire is the author’s life story with details from his childhood until the present.

The author started with the history of his life before coming to America. While his father works in the USA, he, along with his mother and two other siblings were left in Vietnam. Due to the situation in Vietnam, they had attempted escaping the country several times. No attempts were successful until their request to immigrate was granted.

He then continued narrating the story of his childhood in the US – grade school and middle school all the way to college. He relayed the story of getting married to her best friend from middle school – Hana. Upon getting married, they wanted to purchase a home. His wife had a specific house in her mind, but they did not find anything in the market so they decided to build the house. His wife, having two jobs, was confident that they would be able to afford it. The book continued on with the difficulties they had as a couple financially and how they managed to grow their money.

I would like to keep this review brief. The book exhibits a sense of truthfulness. His stories were backed with pictures, and the facts were also presented with figures and statistics. It provides a lot of impression to me as a reader. There are a lot of “how to be a millionaire” books that are all preaching but without facts to support their arguments.

I also appreciate the book is professionally edited. I have not identified any errors in the book. The book does not contain any vulgar language as well.

The only thing that I did not like about the book is how lengthy it is. The stories about his childhood could have been narrated in a shorter manner. I had this expectation in my mind when I read the title. I was thinking this will be about an ordinary person became a millionaire or how ordinary is this person as a millionaire. Don’t get me wrong, it is about how he and his wife became millionaires. Nevertheless, the background stories are unsuitable for the title. The title might have aligned with the contents if it is something like a memoir, life story, or journey, something like that.

The above feedback does not make the book bad or not worth reading. It definitely is for people who want some inspiration in life. We can learn a lot from his experiences, failures, bad money habits as well as his opinions on investing, saving, and spending money. Hence, I would recommend the book to those who are struggling and looking for some enlightenment in terms of money management – in an ordinary lifestyle manner.

With that said, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I took out one star due to the title issues. I was confused, if I may say. Other than that, the book is altogether informative and somewhat inspirational. Kudos to the author for writing this book and for surviving all the struggles that he faced in life.

The Ordinary Millionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love when information is backed up with some proof. Thank you for an excellent review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

A non-fiction book of this nature is invaluable, informative, and entertaining. I must say that your review made this book more interesting. What an amazing review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”