Review of Smile and have fun with the kids

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Smile and have fun with the kids

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Smile and have fun with the kids" by Michael C. Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you ask my opinion about the best career for leading a satisfying life, I will say that being a teacher in school gives the most fulfilling rewards of satisfaction for a lifetime. I say so because many of our students may become successful people in the future. However, in any case, those students, when grown-up, never forget their school teachers who gave them good lessons for life. Now, if you assume that becoming a teacher would be a heavenly experience, you might be ignoring a caveat. The caveat is that if you are not aware of the tips and tricks of doing your teaching job smoothly, you may find that your job could be much more taxing instead. Would it not be divine, if in case, you had taken teaching as your career, and at the same time, you could find a well-seasoned teacher who is ready to guide you with the necessary tips and tricks? I am glad to introduce to you a teacher who has thirty years of teaching experience at different levels in primary schools. You can know more about this experienced teacher and what he has to offer to you by reading the book Smile and have fun with the kids by Michael C. Sheldon.

This compact-sized guidebook has 797 locations as read on Amazon Kindle. The book is divided into 14 chapters, and each chapter covers one aspect of a typical primary school, which the reader can concentrate on at a time. In every chapter, we can find a few graphical illustrations supporting the text. What are the qualifications required to become a teacher in a typical primary school? How will be the interview process for the selection of a teacher in a typical school? You can find answers to these questions and the tips to clear the interview with flying colors by reading this book. The book also explains how some tiny things matter a lot, even though they may appear insignificant.

The author’s holistic approach in finding solutions to typical school problems is the one that I liked the most in this book. Another thing I liked about this book is the showcasing that life satisfaction is more important than money. The placement of eye-catching graphical illustrations in the appropriate context gives more insights into the topic. The important thing that I learned from this book is that there are several complexities in teaching the kids, even though the task may look simple. A good teacher smartly takes care of all those complexities. Content-wise, there is nothing in this book that I disliked.

The book is targeted at primary school teachers, but children also can read it. I recommend this book to primary school teachers who desire to carry out their job smoothly with self-satisfaction. The students who are aspiring to take teaching as a profession would find this book helpful. Parents or guardians can get good insights into the school environment regarding what help to expect from an idealistic teacher to their kids. People who are not interested to know anything about school or people who have nothing to do with kids may not like this book, so I do not recommend it to them.

I was seeking to learn a few tricks to grab the attention of kids for efficient teaching. Luckily, the cover of this book drew my attention, and I grabbed this book. When I completed reading this book, I was happy with my decision because I enjoyed reading it, and I also learned several things to gain the confidence of kids. Considering my likes and the benefits I got by reading this book, I should have given all the four stars, but only the number of grammatical errors being more than ten held my hand to do so. I realized that this book needs a round of professional editing. Finally, putting together all the aspects of this book, I decided to rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars and recommend it to other readers.

Smile and have fun with the kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like a very educational and useful book since being a teacher means learning all your life. Or at least that is what good teachers should do :). Thank you for this thorough review, great job!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Seems to be a great guide for teachers and those who work with kids :) Thank you for a great review!
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

This looks like an important guidebook for teachers. I am glad you were able to learn a few things. It is too bad this book is not professionally edited. Thank you for your honest review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it’s great that the book deals with typical school problems. I think I will skip this book, but thanks for the great review.
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

For one to become a good teacher they must be ready to interact with the students and connect with them in a much deeper level. They have to give each student quality attention and care. This book is amazing as it is about an experienced teacher who has the knowledge needed in dealing with kids. Thanks for this informative review.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like an excellent book for teachers and people who are aspiring to work with children. I'm glad that this teacher has taken the time to provide her information to help others. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

I have taught many grades, primary included! I now teach middle school students, but I would still read this book! Thank you for your wonderful review. Teachers unite!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”