Official Review: The Goal Driven Business by Edward Petty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Official Review: The Goal Driven Business by Edward Petty

Post by bruin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Goal Driven Business" by Edward Petty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Goal Driven Business written by Edward Petty is a comprehensive guide to help you efficiently achieve your professional and personal goals. Petty has been helping entrepreneurs succeed for more than 35 years. He owns a management consulting firm that works with hundreds of business owners to create a successful work environment. The book is divided into four main parts: Identifying your goals, the five stages of successful business development, the purpose of the goal-driven system, and how to adapt the 23 principles of the goal-driven system.

Businesses go through different stages of growth. This book thoroughly discusses issues that arrive at every stage and provides different strategies to keep pushing the business forward. Petty also teaches you how not to lose momentum once you get comfortable with a highly profitable business. You will learn why businesses that serve a greater purpose than just making money are the ones who will last. He explains how to establish an effective long-term goal that will focus 20% of your time to produce 80% of your results. Petty insists, “Steady, lasting income comes from building an efficient business structure that is constantly improving its systems and its people.”

What I liked most about this book is that Petty provides practical examples to apply the methods that he teaches. Every section consists of questions for readers to answer about their own business. There is space provided to complete many written assignments that allow you to work on your business goals while you are learning about the strategies in every chapter. This guides you to apply the knowledge from one section at a time and prepares you for the next steps that follow.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. There is nothing that I disliked about this book. It is engaging, invaluable, and appears to be professionally edited. There were no grammar errors or typos. I recommend this book to readers who want to improve their current business model or those who can benefit from a comprehensive guide on how to start a successful business. I also recommend this book to readers who work for a company that would benefit from the strategies discussed in this book. The employee can also use the information in this book to determine if they are in a company that values every position, or if they are in a toxic work environment that does not allow for personal achievements and growth.

I would not recommend this book to readers who are not interested in learning about the many different strategies for successful management, marketing, and leadership. For those who want to expand on their knowledge beyond the contents of this book, Petty provides a website for readers to learn more about how his methods can be used to maintain a well-balanced work and personal life.

The Goal Driven Business
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

What a great tool for business owners to use in their success, especially because the author has been doing this for so long. Thanks for your great review!
Md Tahminul Islam
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Md Tahminul Islam »

Definitely worth reading, as the book can provide useful ideas to those who want to be an entrepreneur.
Md Tahminul Islam
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Md Tahminul Islam »

Definitely worth reading, as the book can provide useful ideas to those who want to be an entrepreneur.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”