Official Review: A World of Good by Abed Ereikat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: A World of Good by Abed Ereikat

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A World of Good" by Abed Ereikat.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Abed aspires to be selfless like his father. He sees his father as his mentor and guide. A World of Good mirrors how the author struggles to achieve his dream of being selfless in a world full of evil. In his endeavors to succeed, he experiences different realities of life.

A World of Good by Abed Ereikat describes how the author looked up to his father in everything. His father's generosity and putting others first made Abed hope to be like his father. The morals and advice instilled in him by his father paved the way for him later. At a tender age, he started working hard, selling corn on the street to prove to his father that he too can be as hardworking as him. This made his dad all the more proud of him. His ability to show love to all and sundry and be his authentic self without faking made him attain high heights. Abed's ambition drove him to leave his comfort zone and move to the United States of America, miles away from home, to pursue his dreams. The book showcases the hustle and bustle of the American lifestyle as seen through the eyes of a foreigner.

The overall theme of this memoir is that life, at times, may seem complicated and brutal; it takes one with determination and patience to overcome the hurdle. The author's narrative encourages the reader to be good, not for the reward, but to show love to individuals even in a corrupt system and to those who seemingly don't deserve it. The author showcased a charming image of his hometown, Abu Dis in Jerusalem — the unity among the villagers, the help they render to each other, how life was in the 1990s during the war, and the delicious dishes prepared by his mother. This makes the story captivating and salivating to the reader. Abed's projection of his fun-loving family in Abu Dis makes the reader appreciate the beautiful place of family in one's life.

The book was professionally edited; I only found one grammatical error. The settings of the narrative are vivid, and the plots are well arranged. I didn't dislike anything about the book. The author did an excellent job of capturing and keeping me focused on the narrative. The last 60+ pages contained 20 empowering questions that elicit participation from the reader. I liked that they came at the end of the book; they would have caused some level of distraction had they come in between the text.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because the book is well written and professionally edited. It encourages those facing so many challenges for being good never to give up on their goodness. I recommend this book to those who love to read a heartwarming story on love, patience, and ambition. Also, those who love to read inspirational books can get a good dose of inspiration from this one.

A World of Good
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like a very optimistic book full of hope for people to be the best they can be. It’s so important to have a good model within your life and I’m glad the author had his dad to show him the way. Thanks for the insightful review
Md Tahminul Islam
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Md Tahminul Islam »

A book like this which is focused on morals and ethics, is always worth reading.
Theresa Stolk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Theresa Stolk »

Books of this nature are sorely needed in today's world, as not enough good is out there, when misinformation rules and it seems 'cool' to be anything but good. Yes please, more of these especially in schools where young enquiring minds are looking for role models to believe in.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

This book further helps to prove that children learn by example. It explains the great power of influence. Great work!
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

This sounds like a book that will be a guide to children and young adults who intend to live a life of selflessness. Great review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”