Official Review: The Amazon Code by Todd Snively

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Official Review: The Amazon Code by Todd Snively

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Amazon Code" by Todd Snively.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Amazon Code by Todd Snively is a comprehensive guidebook to engaging in a successful online business. Todd gives proven tips and strategies to navigate the online world and achieve immense profits. The guidelines are centered around finding the best wholesale suppliers, analyzing inventory files to find the most profitable products, and selling them on Amazon. It also includes restocking the products as required and adding more products to scale. At the core of these practices is what Todd calls the wholesale model, which is the chief principle towards engaging in wholesale distribution of name-brand products. Todd assures that this type of entrepreneurship is what drove him to an eight-figure earning. Therefore, if you are willing and open-minded enough, this is the read for you.

The book feels like a one-on-one conversation with the author due to its intimate and direct tone. Todd infuses personal stories within the guidelines, giving them a realistic and practical touch. Fresh out of a five-year jail term, he had to promptly find his footing to support his struggling family, who suffered indirect consequences of his mistakes. His initial business collaborations failed, and Todd had to sever ties with the individuals. However, that did not deter his drive, and he finally managed to set up his business, which has been on a steady growth path.

The book is in nine chronological chapters, each detailing different parts of Todd’s life and the lessons learned about the online world. He vividly describes the characters he meets along his journey, bringing them to life and highlighting the lessons he learned from each encounter. The book has several illustrations and numerical examples to show the pros and cons of choosing different business models and styles of operations. It also has links that give further tips on setting up an online business from scratch or access to a list of distributors to get you started. Additionally, it is also specific on the amount of money you will need to invest in, the expected profits from each investment, and likely headwinds one may face.

My favorite aspect of the book is Todd’s humor and honesty in his writing. Apart from his successes and strengths, Todd does not shy away from talking about his mistakes and failures he committed in his entrepreneurship journey. He openly explains the reason for his prison sentence and the mistakes he made as a father and husband. Furthermore, he hilariously shares his business losses, like when he tried to compete with a multinational make-up company on Amazon. They crushed him but went down with a fight. I found nothing to dislike about the book; every concept is in simple terms so that anyone can quickly comprehend what the online business is all about.

The book is professionally edited; I found only two grammatical errors. The language employed is intelligible and with minimal use of profanities, making it suitable to anyone interested in the content. The Amazon Code is a book about growth and finding lessons in mistakes and misfortunes, and after a false start, Todd was keen on doing things right and by the law. The book equally encourages one to break free from toxic partnerships and nurture the positive ones. It also gives tips on how to avert legal troubles and detect pyramid schemes. Finally, there are lessons on dealing with business problems that arise from extraordinary situations like the current Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, I award it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend The Amazon Code to anyone looking to venture into the online distribution business and get the most out of it.

The Amazon Code
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Wow,this is a great book that all the entrepreneurs should read. Todd did a great job to write this book now even will be having an idea on how to manage their business online. Thanks for sharing.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Amine Rhozyel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amine Rhozyel »

This is great book ,it's amazing teaches u ho to manage ur business online with every method
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

Sounds like an interesting read that all aspiring entrepreneurs should definitely read. Great review.
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

Vulnerability in non-fiction makes the book so much richer. The strong characterization in combination with that has convinced me that I need to pick up this book. Thank you for your thorough review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

There is an increase in online shopping and working; this book will be great for anyone trying to start an online business (new ones keep coming every day). Thanks for your great review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I like that he draws from his personal experiences. It’s great that he uses humor to discuss the topic, especially after coming out of prison and starting from scratch. Thanks for your great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”