Official Review: Can You Believe it? by Mark Vee

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: Can You Believe it? by Mark Vee

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Can You Believe it?" by Mark Vee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Can You Believe It? by Mark Vee, the author outlines fifteen beliefs that Christians can apply to experience a dramatic change in their spiritual lives and improve the overall quality of their lives as Christians.

With this self-help book, the author aims to guide the reader to a clearer understanding of their purpose in life, develop a stronger relationship with God, become a blessing to others, and experience the presence of God and the assurance of His love. In each chapter, the author shares a belief and elaborates on it by quoting relevant scriptures and sharing his personal experiences or experiences of other people. This structure exposes the reader to practical techniques that they can use to apply biblical teachings in their lives.

There are many positive aspects in this book that will be unique to each reader. The author addresses a question that many people desire to have answered. At some point in life, most human beings ask themselves what their purpose in life is. I stumbled upon many revelations and lessons that have brought me a step closer to understanding my purpose in life. For this reason, I thank and applaud the author.

One would ask why they should read this book instead of reading the actual Bible. Sometimes as a Christian, you need somebody to relate to, and other people’s experiences may be what you need. The book does not come across as preachy. Instead, it is educational and serves as a practical guide.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. Its layout and structure allow the reader to follow and grasp the lessons with ease. I only came across a handful of typos and grammatical errors. These errors were few and did not hamper my reading experience negatively. The author has a unique writing style, but it is simple and easy to comprehend.

The author shares practical lessons and guidance for those who wish to either strengthen their faith or apply biblical teaching in their daily lives. The book is relatable and easy to understand. For these reasons, I am awarding it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

While the author’s target audience is people who do not go to church for various reasons, this book is also ideal for regular church-goers who wish to have a deeper understanding of their purpose. The book is based on biblical concepts, teachings, and principles. For this reason, it is best suited to Christian readers.

Can You Believe it?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This sounds like a great and comprehensive self help book. I'm glad the book doesn't come across as preachy as that is a huge turn off for me when it comes to books like these. Great review, well done!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Understanding your purpose in life is a goal we should all pursue. This book seems like a useful guide that could offer important tips. Thank you for this excellent review!
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

The words develop a strong relationship with God, become a blessing to others are so inspiring.thanks for a great review.
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by sharon titus »

The book sounds intriguing and thought provoking. Nice and informative review. Thank you for your hard work.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

It's wonderful to have people write more about experiencing religion rather then try to preach.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Although I usually do not read religious books, I found your review very interesting and detailed.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Very insightful review, thanks for explaining it so clearly. I’m glad the author was able to do the same, this is such an important topic for so many people
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This seems like a unique book that could be very helpful to people of the same religion. Thank you for the great review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think that modern society is going, in general, through a crisis of more or less everything, even self-confidence. That’s why books like this are life-saving. Thanks for the informative review.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Sounds like a great book honestly. It's not exactly my cup of tea, as I don't believe I am the right audience for it. However, I can understand why it would be well liked. Great review!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

People might find this book helpful.
But I'll have to pass this one.
Nicely reviewed!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

The Christian faith is one that requires revival all through the journey. so I am sure this book will be beneficial to all Christians. Thanks for the amazing review.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

Self-help books don't quite reach out to me but I am encouraging myself to get into it. Thank you for this honest review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I'm sure most of us would love a closer relationship with God. This sounds like a wonderful book that I would enjoy reading. Thanks for an informative and well-written review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”