Official Review: The Book of Proverbs and Wisdom, A Refer...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: The Book of Proverbs and Wisdom, A Refer...

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Book of Proverbs and Wisdom, A Reference Manual" by Curt "CT" Tomlin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Book of Proverbs and Wisdom, A Reference Manual by Curt Tomlin is a non-fiction book that categorizes the Proverbs of Solomon into seventy topics, which the author chose. In this way, the reader can choose to study a certain topic, such as wisdom, righteousness, or sin, and read various Biblical Proverbs on that topic. The author’s tone is simple and friendly, as he also delves into some of his personal experiences and sins in the book.

The author begins by looking at Proverbs related to ability, agility, and strength, while he continues by mentioning things that are an abomination to the Lord. Next, the writer shares wise advice from Proverbs about how to obtain abundance, while he also lists plenty of verses that condemn adultery and sexual immorality. He also discusses the themes of adversity, anger, and anxiety, giving his opinion and then highlighting verses from Proverbs that explore these themes. Furthermore, the author writes about atonement and forgiveness, while he also explains that borrowing and acquiring debt is an unwise decision according to Proverbs. Then, the writer focuses on the theme of bribes and gifts, as the book of Proverbs has many things to say on this topic.

I appreciated many characteristics of this book. To begin with, the text was original and authentic, as the tone of the text was genuine and unique because the author freely shared his opinions and personal experiences with the reader. Moreover, I appreciated the writer’s insights and analysis on the themes he explored in the text, as his opinions were Bible-based and highly persuasive. What I liked most about this book was that it had a rational and cohesive structure. I specifically appreciated the fact that the author organized the book’s themes in alphabetical order, making it easier for readers to look for a topic they are interested in.

What I disliked most about the text was that it had a high number of grammatical and syntax errors, which downgraded the author’s status and professionalism.

This book is best suited for Christian readers who want to study the book of Proverbs in a more profound way. Readers who enjoy learning about ancient wisdom may also find this book intriguing.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because it was excellently structured, originally composed, and persuasive. I could not give it a perfect score due to the mistakes it contained.

The Book of Proverbs and Wisdom, A Reference Manual
View: on Bookshelves
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

It is a shame that a book that could be helpful to many reader is full of errors. Great review though.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”