Official Review: Successful Love by Byron Jamal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Official Review: Successful Love by Byron Jamal

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Successful Love" by Byron Jamal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Successful Love is a non-fiction self-help book by Byron Jamal aimed at helping readers to embrace and successfully navigate their unique love journeys.

The book introduces the concept of the six phases of love, namely: singleness, dating, relationship, engagement, marriage, and divorce. Each of the six phases is discussed in detail. To achieve this in-depth discussion, each phase is given a chapter of its own in the second section of the book. The discussion of what is involved in each phase begins by the author setting the scene. He does this by explaining how the particular phase under consideration plays out in modern times through a discussion of how changed social perceptions and technological advancements influence the planes of that phase. He then highlights possible barriers to love in a particular phase and gives tips and resources that readers can use in their love journey.

I love the general feeling found in Successful Love. The author acknowledges that there are challenges. He acknowledges that we carry past experiences and scars that shape our view of love and what we think we do or do not deserve. He steers readers away from negative thinking and reminds them that we are all worthy of love. In fact, the first section of the book is devoted to giving the reader the confidence and belief that they too can be successful at love through a discussion of 7 keys to love. In this section he also ensures that readers understand that love is not a mere destination. It is a journey that requires conscious, active effort on their part. As a result, the pages of Successful Love carry the feeling of hope and develop in its readers an optimistic view of the future based on their taking conscious, positive steps towards building that bright future.

My favourite chapter is the chapter on singleness as it is the phase I am currently in. I gained a deepened sense of gratitude over the benefits of singleness. I could identify with the barriers to singleness (that is, the obstacles that could prevent one from being successful in this phase) that the author discussed. Readers are taught to accept and appreciate the phase they are currently in with the realization that the tools they develop in each phase will help them in the phases ahead.

Successful Love has the potential to cater for a wide audience as someone at the start of their life could benefit from it as much as one in the latter part of their life could. The only limiting factor would be the religious views expressed in the book. The author is a former pastor, and so, he explains a few of his points using scriptures and his view of God. Someone with differing beliefs could be put off by this aspect of the book.

Overall, it was enjoyable to read. The author communicates in a down-to-earth, matter-of-factly manner and addresses his readers as his “Love Heroes”. The book has fun yet tasteful formatting. It is also exceptionally well-edited. Considering its useful content, I see no reason to strip it of a perfect rating. Thus, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to those who yearn for more love and are looking for a guide to achieve success in that aspect.

Successful Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Chivdi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chivdi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chivdi »

From your review it's clear that this book is worth the read. Thanks for the nice review
SarahShebl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahshebl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by SarahShebl »

It seems like a well-structured book that may appeal to people in different stages of love.
Timscleveland
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Timscleveland »

An AWESOME read Byron Jamal as a Bestseller on his hand. The book is thought provoking. It renews your faith in yourself and in humanity. It's a must read.
provy
Favorite Book: Until November
Currently Reading: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-provy.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by provy »

After reading this review, i will definitely check it out. thank you.
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

The author seems to have a valuable message for his reader. Thanks for the review.
Nowe Tracy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nowe Tracy »

Well this is one of my favorite ..it has a teaching message made me look at love in away I have never done before thank u :)
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

A book everyone needs. We all human; we all need love. We need to know what encompasses it, thanks for the great review.
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This is an interesting book. I like how the author outlines the phases of love.
Nice review.
Live and let live, baby.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

The concept of putting up various stages of love is a little cliche. But from your review and glowing rating, the book does seem interesting to read. Appreciate the great work!
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Love is beautiful thing. Everyone will definitely love and be loved back. I'll add this to my shelf because it will really be of great help. Thanks for this great review!
Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Drado_27 »

Really an interesting book. I love reads that explore love because it is one of the most crucial emotions in our lives.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”