Featured Official Review: The Miracle by James M. LeBlanc

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Re: Featured Official Review: The Miracle by James M. LeBlanc

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This would be a good book for all addicts to read while undergoing treatment. One of the hardest part of any treatment is staying motivated and maintaining hope. Thank you for this awesome review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
TasmimaHossain02
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TasmimaHossain02 »

The story is motivating for me. I love it. you must be continued writing. Great review.
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

Elvis Best wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 11:24 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Miracle" by James M. LeBlanc.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Miracle, written by James M. LeBlanc, is a touching memoir that details the author’s battle with drug addiction. Growing up poor and as a bi-racial adoptee, LeBlanc struggled to find acceptance with his friends and family. This led him to a life of addiction, as he used drugs to escape from his reality.

Throughout his journey, the author went through several ordeals, from being homeless to being incarcerated to even surviving a prison riot. At one point, LeBlanc was certain that he was going to die if he did not quit his drugs. So, out of desperation, he began to seek God and a better life for himself. That is what led him to the miracle that completely changed his life for good. What is this miracle? You have to read the book to find out.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Miracle, as it was very emotional for me. At some points, I cried, and at other points, I laughed and cheered the author on. I was so moved by his words that I felt as though I were in his shoes. I believe it was because he was honest about his flaws and shortcomings. Indeed, I appreciate LeBlanc’s courage in sharing his story with the world.

The one thing I liked most was how there were so many life lessons to take from the book. For instance, I learned that how we feel about ourselves can be really damaging. If you feel you are ugly or not good enough or not worthy of good things, then that is going to be your lot in life.

In the same vein, no one would respect you if you do not respect yourself, and no one would love you if you do not love yourself. This was so evident in The Miracle, as the author had to battle with his own negative self-image. As he improved his self-image and his relationship with himself and others, his life and well-being also improved.

Furthermore, throughout the book, LeBlanc offers a sense of hope to those that are enslaved to addiction. Truly, it was quite evident that he did not write his story for himself but for the several others out there who are in the throes of addiction. LeBlanc shows by example that it is possible to overcome addiction and live a better, happy life.

Consequently, I recommend The Miracle to anyone suffering from addiction. I would also recommend it to anyone who has a friend or relative who is suffering from addiction, as the information provided in the book could prove to be very helpful. However, non-religious people may not like the book, as it is written from the Christian perspective.

Considering the aforementioned points, I rate The Miracle 4 out of 4 stars. There was absolutely nothing to dislike about it, and I believe it was exceptionally edited, as I found only one error in it. Lastly, there were a few vulgar words and some mild erotic scenes.

The Miracle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nice review. truly no one would respect you if you do not respect yourself. This seems to be a helpful book for anyone having an addiction or having a near one who is addicted.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

One fact that is attracting my attention in the book is a question- 'whether interracial kids have to struggle to be accepted?' If yes, then interracial couples should think for their future progeny also before they commit to each other. Innocent children didn't choose to be born to parents, who are not accepted by society.
Society mindset should also change (that would be best).
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 20:48 This would be a good book for all addicts to read while undergoing treatment. One of the hardest part of any treatment is staying motivated and maintaining hope. Thank you for this awesome review.
Rightly said, staying motivated while undergoing treatment is important. Many of the addicts quit the treatment midway as drugs are more alluring and provide instant gratification.
By Rob White
Ezemmuocent Okekpe

Post by Ezemmuocent Okekpe »

This is a touching book. I appreciate that the author shared his story and his path.
shaunbinlabbin

Post by shaunbinlabbin »

This is a touching book. I appreciate that the author shared his story and his path.
KeanneK
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keannek.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by KeanneK »

Sounds interesting, I used to know a drug addict, maybe reading this book would help me understand some situations in his life better. Nice review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

God is still in the business of miracles. It seems like the author had a tough upringing, but we thank God for redemption.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Chanet
Currently Reading: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanet.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chanet »

This was a well written out review! Sounds very interesting and would like to see myself what the miracle was!
vmcelwee85
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vmcelwee85.html
Latest Review: Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Post by vmcelwee85 »

This book sounds inspiring. I look forward to reading it. Thank you.
Opaque
Currently Reading:

Post by Opaque »

I love this, I can feel the writers emotional in this book he made the right choice by seeking God
fancyjg
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fancyjg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by fancyjg »

Addiction is like cancer it feeds on you slowly.
But with help we can always overcome addiction and be better people in the society.
I like the concept of religion in this book being a Christian I think God can deliver you from any form of addiction.
Thanks to the author for sharing his personal experience it will be so helpful if anybody with addiction comes across and reads this book.
Thanks for the great review.
pie1965
Currently Reading: Angels Watching Over Me
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by pie1965 »

It was about the author and drugs addiction and trying to pleased his family to make them love him but all he got was let down again by his family causes of addiction all he want to get help from his famliy.
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Abi_kanda »

God really loves His people. I would love to find out what the miracle was. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”