Featured Official Review: The Miracle by James M. LeBlanc

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Re: Official Review: The Miracle by James M. LeBlanc

Post by Tonika632 »

This is a touching book. I appreciate that the author shared his story and his path. Great review!
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Fine review, Elvis. Your reviews have always been easy to follow and this one is no exception. The author's life must have really improved for him to be able to share his story with the world. It makes me think of writing my own memoir someday.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

The book seems to be engaging similar to your review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

You have intrigued me about the "miracle!" I appreciated your comments about the author writing to help other people and offer them hope. This is one to put on the reading list. Thanks for the motivating review!
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

Using drugs is never the answer. It always comes with horrible effects. I’m glad that the author realized this before it was too late. I’m glad the author has done a great job with this book and it’s editing.

Lovely review.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

The first point to redemption is always the ability to realise where one has missed it, and then try to change. I think this book should be recommended to all who are suffering one form of addiction or another. It might just be stepping the stone they need to overcome it.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

If a book makes you laugh and cry and feel like you're in the author's shoes, it must be a very well-written book. There are so many people out there suffering about different kinds of addictions that these kind of books are definitely needed. Sadly, when it comes to serious drug addicts, I doubt they are reading too many books in their current situation :eusa-think: then again, this book might be encouraging to someone who's already in the process of recovery.

Thanks for your thorough review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I always enjoyed reading serious memoirs. Thanks for an insightful review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

An interesting and touching story about Leblanc. I know that certain individuals suffer through these in our society. Nice review
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I enjoy books with life lessons. Kudos to the writer and thank you for a great review.
Tabbi+20
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: By Faith & Daring
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabbi-20.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Tabbi+20 »

That's a powerful summary right there and quite an inspiration . To those struggling with addiction, there's hope for recovery. Thanks for the review.
Stacey25
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Stacey25 »

So unfortunately I couldn't let go of this book because I wanted to know what happens next. The life Leblanc lived so unpleasant yet he had the urge to continue an try hard even though he knew how difficult it was at the palm of his hands. From his fortune to misfortune and back and forth again and again with drug addiction taking over his life.. I couldn't bare to think I would've survived a life lived the way he has.. Why? Because every individual person has his/her own kind of strength that pushes them to move forward as some just give up and stop trying or don't even care at all.his strength was so powerful because when he failed he tryed again..yet knowing and believing that on the other side of this universe there is salvation, a power in the human body that triggers your mind power and connects your body to the spirit of GOD the GOOD and the SYMBOL of Hope and PROMISE for all who walk and stumble into the labyrinth of SELF DISTRUCTION and walk the wrong path of life. I am sure there is at least one person out there that this book has changed the way you think and live your life because I can definitely say that I've learnt alot out of his experience and also with my smoking addiction I've learnt to stop smoking because there is a better life out there for ME. all I can say is CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK.. Your mind has unknown powers you alone could discover.. Its all about courage!
samps1910
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samps1910.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by samps1910 »

This review has truly convinced me to read this book! Loving yourself is tough as it is and addiction is truly a hard thing to come out of. I'm glad the author has managed to capture both of these elements, and many more!
Aishwarya Chhabra
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-chhabra.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Aishwarya Chhabra »

So affirmative review for an affirmative book. The title itself is so appealing. I really wish to read it.
mitali_kasture
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitali-kasture.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by mitali_kasture »

Being accepted by your family and friends is something any person can relate to and it doesn't always have to be an adopted child. Even most normal circumstances, being as normal as they can get, can lead to such situations. Seeking some form of escape could really help but it can also have long term effects like these. I don't think there is anyone who will not relate to this book's concept.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”