Official Review: Optimize Your Creative Mindset

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Official Review: Optimize Your Creative Mindset

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Optimize Your Creative Mindset" by Sofie Nubani.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Optimize Your Creative Mindset, by Dr. Sofie Nubani, is a self-help book that talks about the importance of creativity in our society. It also highlights some techniques to improve one’s creativity. In addition to that, it leverages on the personal stories of people who have achieved their life goals through one form of creativity or the other.

The book was written in a well-structured format that is easily understood. It was relatable, enlightening, captivating, and I could not have enough of it. The author first discusses the meaning, types, and importance of creativity. She goes on to guide readers towards unlocking the hidden powers of storytelling. She interviews some people who are happy to share their life experiences on how they were able to get their creative juices flowing to meet an end. She also identifies that a combination of different kinds of thinking may be necessary to achieve success. She goes on to list the different thinking styles and how they can be combined. Finally, she suggests different techniques and acronyms that can be used to optimize creativity.

It was clear from the first page of the book that the author did an extensive amount of research while writing the book. The number of stories she gathered gives the readers different perspectives on the applications of creativity. These perspectives improve the chances of understanding the message, as there is a better chance that readers can relate to, at least, one story. I liked the author’s writing style and encouraging words throughout the book. In particular, it was easy to “feel” the conversations she had with different interviewees as though it was witnessed. Furthermore, the “holistic thinking nature” of the author is felt, as she recognizes the possibilities and dangers of telling stories without facts.

I did not dislike anything about the book. The book was well-edited, as I hardly found any errors or typos while reading. Also, the command of English and the impact of the message were on point. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There were no profane words used in the book, so it is suitable for old and young people. The book is also suitable for people of any religion.

I strongly recommend this book to people struggling emotionally and people in the field of psychology. I also recommend it to educational institutions, as a lot of the issues people face regarding diminished creativity are due to the negative mindset people develop at young ages. If these institutions are made aware of the causes of this reduction in creativity, the problem can be addressed accordingly in the early stages.

Optimize Your Creative Mindset
View: on Bookshelves
equilibrium_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-equilibrium-01.html
Latest Review: Trusting Claire by Alyssa Hall

Post by equilibrium_01 »

Wow, I can clearly see the thought and details the author put into this book and why you like it so much. A self-help book is something that a lot of us need during this time. Good job on this review, I will definitely check this out sometime!
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Reitumetse_R »

Amaizing!!I love the book already and would love to score one for myself. Creativity is indeed diminishing in our societies. We need as much lessons about it as we could.
Thank you for the review
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

I've only read a few books on creativity that really seemed practical. Your review indicates that this is such. I'd add this to my bookshelf.
Thanks for the review
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

Your recommendation of the book to institutions is very apt. Creative thinking is slowly being buried by institutionalization. Great review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

How will we have this present life if someone hasn't been crazy enough to envisage it, to create it.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

It is a good book and everybody should read this one specially children. Nice review.
EudoraMac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by EudoraMac »

Optimization is always a good thing to do and I can tell this will be a great read.

Thank You for this concise review.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

I have a great interest in psychology. Your review invokes me to read the book in order to benefit.
Thanks for a superb review.
CarlytheReader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlythereader.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by CarlytheReader »

Great review! I definitely want to read this book. A book about unlocking creative thinking sounds perfect for this quarantine isolation!
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

The fact that the book is not just concepts and theories narrows it home for easy application.
Thanks for the review
Clancy193
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy193.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Clancy193 »

This book is one to read according to your review, it's quite obvious the context would be superb. Self-help book are books are desire to read more often. Thanks for the review!
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

Your review has encouraged me to read this book. I love that the author has used stories of actual people. It makes a book more relatable.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Optimize Your Creative Mindset- the book title itself is an attract to me. How to be creative? That is a question I asked myself before reading your review. Thank you for introducing this book to me!
Clancy193
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy193.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Clancy193 »

Self help books are books that I'm always looking out for. Four out of four stars shows the book would be great. Love you review and your insights towards the recommendation

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”