Official Review: The Wounded Human Being by Leonard Dean

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
angela roura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-roura.html
Latest Review: The Tempter's Bane by Kyle McCurry

Official Review: The Wounded Human Being by Leonard Dean

Post by angela roura »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Wounded Human Being by Leonard Dean" by Leonard Dean.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Wounded Human Being by Leonard Dean written by Leonard Dean was unlike anything I have ever read before. It was the definition of unique. It details Leonard Dean's life story. He lives a tough life, in and out of jobs and living spaces. For the majority of the book he resides outside and in the streets (homeless). He is harassed, racially profiled, and even jailed often.

The most unique part of his life is what he refers to as "outer body experiences." During these he is thrust into a strange dream-like state which is impossible for me to describe. He sees, communicates, touches things. Each of these "experiences" is spiritual for him and he draws conclusions on the mind, body, and soul from them. He gives each of these "experiences" a name, each one stranger than the last.

Many of his "outer body experiences" were quite disturbing for me to read. They would detail unsettling scenarios, some even containing extreme violence. I am not easily unsettled, but something about them reminded me of the R rated movie that gives even the most dedicated horror fan the creeps. They were also quite hard to follow as a reader. Leonard Dean would describe where he was/ what he was doing, and suddenly he would no longer be within his body. All of his "experiences" sounded like the nightmare you had ten years ago, but you still get a little freaked out thinking about it.

In addition to the struggle following the plot there were also countless grammar and spelling issues throughout this book. Within the first few pages I easily spotted more than ten. These errors continued to bother me as I continued with the story. They are the type of mistakes that draw away from the overall story. It was the frequent presence of these errors that led me to giving this book 1 out of 4 stars.

I really teetered between giving this book one or two stars. I did somewhat enjoy reading Leonard Dean's story. My favorite part of this book was trying to connect with him as a person. He is extremely honest and open about his experiences, a feat which should be applauded. He is not afraid to leave anything out or behind. He also formed many spiritual conclusions which have helped to heal his mind and body.

When it comes to give a recommendation, it is tricky. This book is certainly not suitable for children. It contains profanity, and one or two erotic scenes. And, on top of all of that, his "experiences" were disturbing for me to read. I would only recommend this book to people eager to learn more about Leonard Dean's "experiences" and unique conclusions about mind, body, and soul.

The Wounded Human Being by Leonard Dean
View: on Bookshelves
Lizziemarcel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizziemarcel.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Lizziemarcel »

What a hard life experience. I hope this book ended well cause I was captivated by the title.Thanks for your honesty about this review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

A life full of terrible moments; the goodness of one life is finding a channel out of it. Nice review to a book that gave one reason to drop it.
Dunamis_James
Currently Reading: Naked Truth
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Dunamis_James »

His ability to be honest enough about his experience gave made me curious but with the mention of horror events, no way would I go near it. Thank you for the review.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

These are things that most people go through in life and they still come out stronger and better. I expect people to learn from stories like this. Thanks for the review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The title of the book seemed promising to be. I am really sad at the bad rating. Wish the inconsistencies can be removed with another round of editing. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

What a great honest review of this book. It’s disappointing that’s there were so many errors that make it difficult to read.
Siriusly_blank
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siriusly-blank.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Siriusly_blank »

The bewitching title compels me to read it...am gonna try reading it soon.
Thanks for the generous review but the title is too good to be ignored 😳.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”