Official Review: From Muslim to Christ

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Official Review: From Muslim to Christ

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Muslim to Christ" by Saudah Mya Alqawiyy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diverse people have undoubtedly been led to Christ in varying ways. Many have come to know Him through witnessing while others have had supernatural encounters. From Muslim to Christ chronicles the firsthand account of Saudah Mya Alqawiyy.

The author’s remarkable journey to Christ began during a fistfight where her boyfriend ended up strangling her using a scarf she had worn. This abusive relationship caused her to run away from him to a different state. This escape was uneasy, though. Unbeknown to her, she was walking into another State where she would be confronted with new challenges. This sixteen-page book is her story.

The book is persuasive evidence of human imperfection, and thus pointing the reader to Christ alone. The author had had an encounter with God, but she was deceived several times. Consequently, she was forced to endure many struggles like homelessness and physical abuse. What I sincerely appreciate the most is the author has turned her challenges into lessons. Readers are advised to read the Bible individually and be part of a Bible-based church. I found the advice not only pragmatic but also necessary for Christian believers. One will avoid many pitfalls and also be able to distinguish between what is biblically sound and unsound by reading the Bible.

There are some aspects of the book that I disliked, though. Whereas I like the fact that the book was short, many details were left out, and the rest of the book became more of a recurrent pattern. It made the book a nice testimony, but a seeker who wants to come to Christ may not find much. The chapters were also not numbered but titled ‘next chapter’ which, according to my opinion, was not appealing. It could have been better to number the chapters as they were not very many. Editing was equally not properly done as I discovered some grammatical errors. Moreover, some sentences were incorrectly structured, and hence deciphering their meanings was laborious.

The pleasant thing is the lessons one can draw from the book far outweigh the errors it contains. I am delighted that it offers hope, especially in times when despair hangs in the air. The author’s story is evidence that no situation is permanent, and no one is irredeemable. The fact that she overcame many strong forces that were working against is inspirational. As a result, I happily rate the book 3 out of 4 stars.

The book will appeal most to those who are looking for inspirational testimonies. Atheists and readers who are not religious enthusiasts may steer clear of this one.

From Muslim to Christ
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Been long I saw a book that talks on religion transference. Though I have many questions and I do hope this book would answer them. Nice review, would try the book.
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

This sounds like an inspirational story. It is sad that works like this might get ignored due to poor formatting and editing. Thanks for the great review.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

The human mind and body can endure so much. Such books inspire me to keep going. With a few corrections, the book will get a better rating. Thank you for the review.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

I am happy she found Christ at the end after all the struggles from being homeless to physical abuse. I am sure life must have really been difficult and challenging but she chose to be an overcomer , she was strong willed. Thanks be to God.
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

Great review. I would like to get my hands on this book. Its totally mind catching and I would easily recommend to my friends
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I would like to read about the author's experiences and how she came to know Christ. Nice review.
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

After reading your review, I would like to read it myself. I enjoy books that are a witness for God, and I am happy the author found Christ. Thank you for the nice review. 😊
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
Aftab Yunis
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

This book seems good to read. As, it emphasizes the life of a new believer.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This shift seems to go heavy on a lot of people. I am not into religion that much, but good to know about this transformative journey through this amazing review.
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

Wow, what an excellent review. A lady that converts from Islamism to Christ. I would be an excellent read for the Christian faithful.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”