Official Review: Full Circle- Overcoming Disability Throu...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Official Review: Full Circle- Overcoming Disability Throu...

Post by bellajavier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Full Circle- Overcoming Disability Through Faith" by Kim E MacIntosh.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Full Circle- Overcoming Disability Through Faith by Kim E MacIntosh is an autobiography about a woman who navigates through life with multiple diseases eating away her desire to exist. She develops Muscles Dystrophy, Osteoporosis and Arthritis. After her ever-supportive mother passes away, she is compelled to live in a nursing home, where she faces bullying on multiple occasions with her deteriorating health condition. However, she eventually learns to stand up for herself, graduates with a degree she thoroughly enjoys and gets to live the independent lives she always wished for.

The book covers the full expanse of the author’s life in about 60 pages. The language is simple and straightforward. The author provides a lot of background information, such as information about her mother’s and father’s life, which was remarkable for such a fast-paced book. The book also had pictures of the author’s life over the years and helped in connecting the story with faces in mind very well.

With a heavy heart, I would like to state that this book failed to offer any inspiration I had anticipated. My definition of inspiration is to stand tall when life becomes harder and teach others to be relentlessly positive. To be able to find a practical lesson in pain reflects outstanding levels of tolerance and thus, inspires. I truly consider her struggles throughout her life, but the book was more of a compilation of complaints.

Firstly, there was no emotional build-up throughout the book. The author monotonously narrated
how her father became an alcoholic, how her mother died and how she was bullied. However, if the author had dwelled longer on her feelings at that time, how she overcame her hatred for the world or how she got over her sorrows would’ve been a good lesson for the reader. But every situation ended with an “I hated it” statement. This gives rise to the second flaw of the book. The author kept repeating a lot of stuff, especially how she didn’t like things around her. As much as I appreciate discovering her struggling experiences, I could not acquire anything to strengthen my faith.

Another fatal flaw in the book was the errors. There were too many of them to be ignored, such as incorrect forms of the verb, missing words, incorrect prepositions, and missing commas, that my readability was massively affected. The book was not professionally edited. I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars because even though it contained a lot of flaws, the book passed for a fair read. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a light read, and someone who needs to relate to their troubles in life.

Full Circle- Overcoming Disability Through Faith
View: on Bookshelves

Abeeera
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abeeera »

Oh I was checking reviews for this book and came across yours. Okay this is sad that the book failed to give any inspiration, because the blurb said otherwise. I wish it was edited professionally. Thank you for your review, it's really good!!

Oreo1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oreo1234 »

Your review cleanly describes in clearer terms of that an inspiring build-up was a key factor that could have made this book a worthy read yet it failed to do so just because of this crucial omission. I loved how you've explained the errors and the grey areas that need attention as a of sorts advice to young writers. Amazing review and looking forward for more by you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”