Official Review: You Are Not A Loser by Wallace Gustafson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Official Review: You Are Not A Loser by Wallace Gustafson

Post by kdstrack »

Shabram22 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 15:47 I really like that this businessman is also a person of faith. I also believe this book would give great insight to people in a leadership position anywhere and only in the business world. Great job on your review!
The author's faith played an important part in his decisions. I appreciated the way he shared his spiritual journeys alongside his business ventures. Thanks so much for commenting!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Carolreads30 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 15:52 I am going to share this book with my daughter as she is starting her own small business and it might help her. I doubt that I would find it a good read, but she might. Thank you for your review.
I think you daughter will appreciate the author's recounting of his experiences and his clear suggestions. Best wishes on her business!
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

kdstrack wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 16:43
Carolreads30 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 15:52 I am going to share this book with my daughter as she is starting her own small business and it might help her. I doubt that I would find it a good read, but she might. Thank you for your review.
I think you daughter will appreciate the author's recounting of his experiences and his clear suggestions. Best wishes on her business!
Thank you!
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

My big takeaway is the quote that talks about God being with us through tough times. Also, this is a resourceful read for business oriented individuals.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Faithmwangi wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 16:52 My big takeaway is the quote that talks about God being with us through tough times. Also, this is a resourceful read for business oriented individuals.
This quote impacted me, also. It is only one of his wise sayings. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I believe in absolute honesty especially as far as motivational books are concerned. Thank you for this review.
Bet on Me! :idea:
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 19 Mar 2020, 11:43 I believe in absolute honesty especially as far as motivational books are concerned. Thank you for this review.
You will enjoy the author's honesty about his success and his failures. I hope you get his story soon. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

It sounds like a lot of entrepreneurs could learn from the author's successes and failures. I hope the author cleans up the errors so it gives a more professional appearance. Great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

unamilagra wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 17:25 It sounds like a lot of entrepreneurs could learn from the author's successes and failures. I hope the author cleans up the errors so it gives a more professional appearance. Great review!
This would be the ideal book for entrepreneurs. The author's experience and sound advice would guide them through uncharted territory. Thanks for commenting!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a highly useful introduction for those who are looking to start a business! It's a pity about the errors, though. Thanks for the review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

gen_g wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 00:20 This sounds like a highly useful introduction for those who are looking to start a business! It's a pity about the errors, though. Thanks for the review!
The errors always disappoint when the book really deserves a four! Even though the book speaks about starting a business, I think he also shares some wise lessons for leaders. Hope you get a chance to read his story. Thanks for commenting!
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

The book title is really enthralling. From your review it seems those interested in business should really consider this one. Great review
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

xuanmaii wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 15:22 The book title is really enthralling. From your review it seems those interested in business should really consider this one. Great review
The author did an excellent job of balancing personal experience with wisdom and advice. Thanks for reading and commenting!
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

This sounds like a great book for those who want to start their own business but are (1) clueless as to how to go about things and (2) haven't built enough confidence to just go for it. I know I fall into both categories :) I loved that you emphasized the author's candor in being transparent about the role that spirituality and family played in his business life. This was a truly great review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

espo wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 04:45 This sounds like a great book for those who want to start their own business but are (1) clueless as to how to go about things and (2) haven't built enough confidence to just go for it. I know I fall into both categories :) I loved that you emphasized the author's candor in being transparent about the role that spirituality and family played in his business life. This was a truly great review!
The author's experience and advice would be very helpful. I hope the author's wisdom will motivate and inspire you!! Thanks for commenting and best wishes on your business. :-)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”