Official Review: Lord I Surrender by Dr. Esther Cofer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Official Review: Lord I Surrender by Dr. Esther Cofer

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lord I Surrender" by Dr. Esther Cofer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lord I Surrender: Spiritual Healing From Within by Dr. Esther Ula Cofer is a book for Christian readers. Have you completely surrendered your life to God? Do you trust Him implicitly with everything? Not just with your life, but with the lives of your family, your career, your health, and your ministry? Dr. Cofer takes her readers on a journey through the Bible, sharing passages and stories that detail what it takes to achieve God’s blessings for you. If you are struggling in some way, it may be that you need to reflect on what God is instructing you to do. Dr. Cofer will show you how God communicates His will for you, allowing you to move forward in confidence and understanding.

This book was brief but also very informative. There wasn't any unnecessary information, only valuable teachings to absorb and put into practice. This book is a good resource that quickly introduces concepts in clear, digestible chapters, which I find valuable for study. They can be read and re-read easily without sacrificing a lot of time or effort. That being said, reading slower and taking more time to comprehend the lessons will enhance your growth as a Christian.

The author is well-versed in biblical principles. She mentioned some areas people often forget need letting go, whether it be people or even places. The author stresses the importance of gaining what you seek when you finally trust in God. I liked that she used biblical figures like Elijah, the widow, and Ahab to illustrate certain concepts. These Old Testament figures aren’t spoken of very often in most churches, so I enjoyed that she highlighted them.

This book was impeccably edited and formatted. I didn’t see a single error, which is quite remarkable. I was able to just sit back and thoroughly enjoy the experience of reading. The writing style is very easy to absorb. The only criticism I might have is sometimes the wording was a tad redundant. There were a few times she explained a scripture and basically paraphrased it a couple of different ways. This didn’t really add more revelation from the scriptures, but it might make some of the meanings clearer for new believers. This is a very good book for people just learning about faith because of the brevity and open way she communicates ideas. However, I also think longtime believers can benefit from refreshing their knowledge and gaining a different perspective.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The editing was flawless, the content was interesting, and I enjoyed the presentation. Most of all, I hope to practice the lessons she taught me and hear God’s voice better than I did prior to reading. I recommend this book to all believers and anyone curious about the Christian faith.

Lord I Surrender
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Most times we like to be in control but we should allow God to be in control. This book looks like a good reminder. Thank you.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

I am a Christian and I think I would read this book to get more insights into the Christian faith. I also like that there are no errors in the book. Thanks for the review.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

I've taken a few lessons on how to know the will of God. I feel this will make a good addition. Thanks for the review.
praise+anyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-anyi.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by praise+anyi »

Surrendering totally to God and submitting to his will opens us up to innumerable blessings from God. This book is a total reminder of that truth. I love it already.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Y0landa »

I like what you mentioned about the author using Bible figures to explain concepts. I think this helps to get a better understanding of the message. Thanks for your thorough description of the book. Sounds like a valuable read.
vino1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by vino1992 »

Even I am living this world that's God precious grace. How I repeat to him never and ever. But I can only one do I obey to him words. Amen
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

It is amazing to know that the content of this book would help believers grow. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Agripar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Agripar »

:o this book is more meaningful to me
Because it helps to grow in spiritual and I really enjoy it.
Oton Emekeme Sunday
Currently Reading: Addicted to His Blood
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: android

Post by Oton Emekeme Sunday »

I want to build my spiritual life even more. I want to be able to surrender my all. I think I have to read this book. Thanks for the review
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

This book has indeed made some scriptures in the Bible clearer. It was also written with absolute brilliance. Kudos to the writer on this one.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

Nice book to read during these uncertain times of covid19. Congrats botd!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

The sample pages were powerful. I loved the intensity of the author’s writing. Thanks for a great review! I look forward to finishing this book.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
GiselleBengochea
Currently Reading: Nathan Turner and the New World Order
Bookshelf Size: 1720
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gisellebengochea.html
Latest Review: Terror In Manila by Frank Q. Aurillo Jr

Post by GiselleBengochea »

:tiphat: Lord I Surrender by Dr. Esther Cofer teaches about trusting God with your career, health, Christian Ministry and every aspect of your life. It also deals with the myriad of ways that God communicates His purpose for you. This is an important book not only for Christians but for everyone. The most important decision one can make is to give one's life to Jesus Christ. Excellent Review!
GiselleBengochea
Currently Reading: Nathan Turner and the New World Order
Bookshelf Size: 1720
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gisellebengochea.html
Latest Review: Terror In Manila by Frank Q. Aurillo Jr

Post by GiselleBengochea »

:) Lord I Surrender by Dr. Esther Cover is highly recommended to mixed audiences. This is an important book that should be included in everyone's reading shelves. Again, this was an excellent review and I do look forward to reading more of your future reviews! Great job!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”