Official Review: Ruth Ready by Kitty Arceneaux

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Official Review: Ruth Ready by Kitty Arceneaux

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ruth Ready" by Kitty Arceneaux.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We have been led astray with the fashionable lie of falling in love. The fact that love is choice is rarely talked about, but the author reveals love is indeed a conscious choice in this book. Love is a choice to walk away from it all or to continue to be in a relationship. This book is intended to enhance love relationships at every stage. Those who are single are advised on what to do while waiting. Married couples and those who are engaged have a lot to pick from the book as well since the author is offering valuable lessons from her life and successful marriage.

While you’re waiting on your Boaz, you better be… Ruth Ready was authored by Kitty Arceneaux. The book was published in 2019 and is addressed primarily to ladies. It is approximately 99 pages long and contains 8 chapters. The chapters are meticulously organized in such a way that the first one entails what love is and the concluding chapters are on marriage life. The author presents fundamental principles she has applied in her life having been married in 2002. The reader will be presented with how marriage life is like in reality.

The realities of marriage were eye-opening. Moreover, the author included personal accounts on marriage from both married men and women at the end of the book. These accounts supported the workability of the principles presented in the book. They include elaborate expositions from the book of Ruth in the Bible on whom Boaz is and what he typically represents. The personal traits of Ruth were also discussed at length. Consequently, the reader will have some exercises to work on after every chapter.

There is nothing I did not like about the book. One of the concepts I liked most in the book was mentorship. The essential qualities of a good mentor were provided. However, the author also encourages the mentee to be honest and open with the mentor. I liked the profound statements contained in the book as well. Readers are urged to build their love through various means such as progressively improving communication and finding out what makes their partners happy. Many scriptural quotations from the Bible were provided as well.

The language employed in the book was straightforward. The book is also precise and can be read in a single sitting. However, those wishing to benefit a lot from reading it can consider reading a chapter or two at a time. Editing was professionally done. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I heartily recommend it to women who would like to enhance their relationships. It will appeal most to Christian believers who would like to reflect the love of God in their relationships. Whether you are married or single, keep in mind that being Ruth Ready is a continuous process.

Ruth Ready
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

Exceptional thorough review! Marriage is can be difficult but it sounds like this book could be useful to some!
Spencer Mack
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I wondered if the title was a reference to the biblical Ruth. This sounds like a great resource, and I appreciate your informative review.
Helene_2008
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helene-2008.html
Latest Review: Like A Mousetrap by Brandon Ellrich

Post by Helene_2008 »

I like how you end it with saying that being Ruth Ready is a continuous process. The people in a marriage and their situation evolve over time. Therefore a married couple must be willing to communicate and adjust! Thank you for your review.
La Cabra
Currently Reading: Jag är Zlatan
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-cabra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by La Cabra »

I really like that the author included, in addition to her personal anecdotes, the accounts of other people; that is a very effective way of getting your points across. Thanks for an insightful review!
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

I strongly agree with the author, love is a choice. I have added this novel to my bookshelves because I would love to have a long blissful marriage in the future. Great review!
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Kibetious wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 04:31 However, the author also encourages the mentee to be honest and open with the mentor. I liked the profound statements contained in the book as well. Readers are urged to build their love through various means such as progressively improving communication and finding out what makes their partners happy.
This is a good point. Too often relationships fall apart due to a lack of communication, so I'm glad the author is stressing the importance of those here.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

Improving one's married life and relationship, in my view is a continuous process. An all-hands-on approach should be attributed to the marriage relationship. Everyone that is married or intends to get married will benefit from reading this book. I see myself reading it in the future. I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like the fact that the book is based on the Biblical book of Ruth. Thanks for the wonderful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”