Official Review: The Reluctant RV Wife by Gerri Almand

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
User avatar
Tomah
Posts: 749
Joined: 05 Feb 2018, 02:21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: An Uncommon Journey by Shirley Raines

Re: Official Review: The Reluctant RV Wife by Gerri Almand

Post by Tomah » 13 Nov 2019, 12:09

I'm not into traveling, but reading other people's experiences can be quite fun. I'm especially interested in finding out about the logistical issues involving RV cars. Thanks for the review!

User avatar
Bhaskins
Posts: 194
Joined: 03 May 2019, 07:33
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 95
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Bhaskins » 13 Nov 2019, 13:48

This sounds like such a good read. I feel like RV/road life is very romanticized and this sounds like a much more realistic
View.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling

User avatar
Everydayadventure15
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 May 2019, 19:07
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 72
Favorite Book: Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everydayadventure15.html
Latest Review: Zero G by Dan Wells

Post by Everydayadventure15 » 13 Nov 2019, 16:27

For some reason this book made me think of the movie RV and the mishaps that were captured in the film. This book would definitely be a more reliable source of information about traveling by RV. I’m not convinced that I’d enjoy driving around in something that big and it is unfortunate that there aren’t many scenery descriptions. That would have been very appealing to me. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Latest Review: Zero G by Dan Wells

User avatar
Prisallen
Posts: 2336
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 18:57
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Fatal Flaws by Clyde Lawrence

Post by Prisallen » 14 Nov 2019, 08:18

Tomah wrote:
13 Nov 2019, 12:09
I'm not into traveling, but reading other people's experiences can be quite fun. I'm especially interested in finding out about the logistical issues involving RV cars. Thanks for the review!
Thanks! I hope you get a chance to read it!

User avatar
Prisallen
Posts: 2336
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 18:57
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Fatal Flaws by Clyde Lawrence

Post by Prisallen » 14 Nov 2019, 08:20

Bhaskins wrote:
13 Nov 2019, 13:48
This sounds like such a good read. I feel like RV/road life is very romanticized and this sounds like a much more realistic
View.
It is, indeed! I learned a lot!

User avatar
Prisallen
Posts: 2336
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 18:57
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Fatal Flaws by Clyde Lawrence

Post by Prisallen » 14 Nov 2019, 08:22

Everydayadventure15 wrote:
13 Nov 2019, 16:27
For some reason this book made me think of the movie RV and the mishaps that were captured in the film. This book would definitely be a more reliable source of information about traveling by RV. I’m not convinced that I’d enjoy driving around in something that big and it is unfortunate that there aren’t many scenery descriptions. That would have been very appealing to me. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Those were my thoughts exactly! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

User avatar
Bambiears
Posts: 202
Joined: 05 Apr 2019, 16:37
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 38
2018 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bambiears.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Bambiears » 14 Nov 2019, 15:24

To bad to hear about the profanity. it is a shock to me to see how often this sort of thing is considered necessary for a good read when they are not. Sounds like you enjoyed the read and sounds like it makes some good points. Thanks for the time you placed on this review.

User avatar
MsH2k
Posts: 622
Joined: 31 Jul 2019, 11:11
Favorite Book: The Oracle
Currently Reading: A White Face Painted Brown
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Business is Easy by Jason Reid

Post by MsH2k » 15 Nov 2019, 01:02

How sweet of her to do the RV thing in spite of her reservations. It sounds like she has some great stories to share. Thank you for a great review.

User avatar
Prisallen
Posts: 2336
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 18:57
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Fatal Flaws by Clyde Lawrence

Post by Prisallen » 15 Nov 2019, 09:22

Bambiears wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 15:24
To bad to hear about the profanity. it is a shock to me to see how often this sort of thing is considered necessary for a good read when they are not. Sounds like you enjoyed the read and sounds like it makes some good points. Thanks for the time you placed on this review.
I did learn a lot from this book! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

User avatar
Prisallen
Posts: 2336
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 18:57
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Fatal Flaws by Clyde Lawrence

Post by Prisallen » 15 Nov 2019, 09:24

MsH2k wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 01:02
How sweet of her to do the RV thing in spite of her reservations. It sounds like she has some great stories to share. Thank you for a great review.
You are welcome! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

User avatar
Stacy Storm
Posts: 7
Joined: 21 Oct 2019, 09:33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacy-storm.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Stacy Storm » 28 Nov 2019, 01:24

I am adding this book to my "want to read list." The title struck me funny because in our family it will be the reverse, my husband is more reluctant to go on the road than I am. We love to ride adventure motorcycles and have spent lots of time camping, however the idea of living completely on the road is still a shift in thinking. It will be interesting to read about this couple's experiences.

User avatar
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1781
Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 15:00
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 97
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: A Murder is Announced
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Chief Among Us by L. A. Noble
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward » 04 Dec 2019, 10:05

I've got to give it to the author. I could not live like that, even if I wanted to, so her adjusting to RV life for her husband is an immensely admirable thing.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Post Reply

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”