Official Review: Life in the Country Through the Eyes of ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
evraealtana
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Re: Official Review: Life in the Country Through the Eyes of ...

Post by evraealtana »

Savvy_Flowers wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 21:12 Really good review! As someone from the south, this book definitely sounds interesting to me. The stories that you describe remind me of some of the wild accounts that I've heard from my older family members. Things have definitely changed since they were growing up. I'll probably give this a read!
Thank you so much! I felt the same way - I could hear some of my older family members telling similar stories in my head as I read this book. Sometimes I wonder just how much of those stories is real, and how much is..."embellished".

Thanks for stopping by!
evraealtana
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

Miller56 wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 15:13 Thanks for the review. This book sounds like my younger years growing up in the country. The tales my grandparents told should have been written down. The elders definitely have some insight into life that younger generations never will. This sounds like a book that would make me reminisce about times gone by.
I do wish we had more insight into how things used to be. It's hard to imagine that things weren't always how they are now, and the perspective is valuable, I believe. Thank you for stopping by!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”