Official Review: A Spiritual Recovery ~ my colon story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Official Review: A Spiritual Recovery ~ my colon story

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Spiritual Recovery ~ my colon story" by Linda Crea.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In A Spiritual Recovery - my colon story: A Prayerful Guide: How to use spiritual practices and conventional medicine to have a blessed outcome from surgery, Linda Crea takes us through her compelling fight against a precancerous colon polyp, which she was diagnosed with at the age of forty-eight. The thought of having surgery can be frightening most times, including the high risk of infection and pain patients feel. These were the issues Linda had to contend with. There was also the confusion of why she was in that situation without getting any signal from her body prior to her diagnosis. However, Linda employed a very important tool in dealing with her condition - "positive thinking." This was the basis for achieving full painless recovery post-surgery in record time, and she hopes to offer guidance to people in similar situations.

Reading this book felt quite different from other similar books. The first thing I noticed from the beginning of the book was the author's positive energy, which radiated throughout the book. This was introduced using the law of attraction (LOA), which is based on attracting what we focus on or think about. If you focus on negative thoughts, you will remain under that cloud. However, If you focus on positive thoughts and have goals that you hope to achieve, like the author, when you take action towards your goals everything lines up for you to achieve them. Another part of the book that resonated with me was "asking for what you want," which is in agreement with what the LOA is all about. "Do not be afraid to ask for help from people, even from the universe.

I liked that the author doesn't give all the credit of her recovery to positive thinking alone, but she portrays it as an important tool. She also talks about how helpful her doctors were and how a newly implemented medical information given by her doctors, which she followed to the letter, helped her. The importance of making and following lists was also reiterated throughout the book. The author had a list for virtually everything, including a pre-surgery list and a post-surgery list explained in detail, which I'm sure will be very helpful to readers.

Furthermore, the book touches important body and mind relaxation techniques like meditation, including step-by-step guidelines on carrying them out. This is something I have practiced on a couple of occasions and it was very relaxing. Readers will also learn about chakras, their different colors and meanings, and how to clear them. The author employs a humorous style of writing while narrating her story in chronological order. This ensured that it was very easy to follow the story, even though she strayed off-topic on a few occasions, and it improved me relate better to her story. The book also contains pictures of several important moments in Linda's life.

A Spiritual Recovery is well-edited, as I only found three minor errors throughout the book, and this ensured that my reading was hitch-free. I found the book very inspirational. The book also includes a lot of motivational quotes from people like Oprah Winfrey and Joseph Campbell, and it was nice to see that spirituality was also a source of strength for the author in her trying times. There was nothing I disliked about the book. On that note, it is very easy for me to make the decision to rate this book 4 out of 4. I would recommend this book to people faced with the situation of having surgery and their caregivers. A lot of advice here can be applied in life generally. Lovers of inspirational stories will also have fun with this book.

A Spiritual Recovery ~ my colon story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I've heard multiple times how powerful positive thinking can be in all kinds of treatments. I'm glad the author was able to use this to help heal. I'm interested to see the story. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Nizar Ali Shah
Currently Reading: Tourist Trap
Bookshelf Size: 148

Post by Nizar Ali Shah »

A Spiritual Recovery - my colon story.
This is a story of Linda who was scared of surgery.In this state of anxiety and tension Linda wants to get rid of this anxiety and through the help of spiritual support and power she was able to overcome the problem of surgery and the spiritual power took her out of this disease.She is right in saying that
positive thinking help patients in overcoming the ailing person and this was the positive thinking as well as spiritual power that took out her from the painful surgery and transformed her in to painless recovery.Linda also offers this effective experience with those who have similar problems.This is useful for patients with similar problems as well as useful for the general readers who can greatly benefit from the lesson of positive thinking and spiritual healing.
OuKoyoo
Currently Reading: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oukoyoo.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by OuKoyoo »

I love books that sound different from all the others that I have read before, and this is just one of them. I love the fact that the authors maintained a positive energy throughout the book. Many thanks for the great review!
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

The book seems to be intriguing. Thanks for your review, prospero360. :tiphat:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Laila_Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Laila_Hashem »

I am usually not that fond of books exploring the breakthrough from a life-long struggle, but your insight for this book actually makes me hopeful that it is different. Thank you for the great review!
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

I can't wait to read this book! This is really interesting! True to life stories will inspire many, especially those who are facing a lot of challenges in life. Nice review. Thanks!
Justina kaloki
Favorite Book: A Few Trivial Felonies
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reading Device: Oppo

Post by Justina kaloki »

:tiphat: I also interested, i can't wait to read this book.i love how the author had the positive energy, thinking and thought dispite her age

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”