Official Review: The Coaches' Keys To Client Creation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Official Review: The Coaches' Keys To Client Creation

Post by Rachel Lea »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Coaches' Keys To Client Creation" by Rephoel Wolf.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“It occurred to me,” muses Wolf in the foreword to his book, “that writing a book is not limited to those who will shatter the earth by storm with an idea that has never been revealed before. And even if it was only for those things, not every author can reach every person. Everyone has a different style. A different voice. And everyone needs to hear things in a way that speaks to them.”

Only 101 pages, The Coaches’ Keys to Client Creation is health coach Rephoel Wolf’s advice to fellow professionals for how they can build up their businesses by attracting and retaining more clients. The book starts off with a touching foreword where the author relates that he never thought he would be someone who would write a book, but that he came to the realization that the insight he’d gained through his own coaching experiences could help fellow coaches and that he should share these ideas. Wolf offers the caveat that though many of these ideas did not technically originate with him, he has made them his own through his own personal way of applying them.

Even though this book is relatively short, there are twenty-three chapters. Each chapter is succinct, less than ten pages, and covers either a particular point that Wolf wants to make regarding his personal philosophy on coaching or a particular problem that a prospective coach might encounter as he starts his new business. The author asserts that a coach does not need “years and years of trainings,” but that instead it’s about, “tuning in to the most intuitional ideas that come up for you and applying them.”

Wolf writes in a thoughtful, optimistic, yet simultaneously no-nonsense way—just how you would think a skilled coach would speak to someone he was trying to motivate. Although the book’s title is “client creation,” Wolf devotes a significant amount of time as well towards how health coaches should communicate with clients in order to best help them achieve their goals. I am not in this profession myself so much of the author’s advice does not apply to me, but I found much of his self-help content to be applicable and insightful, particularly his section where he advises coaches to counsel clients to be “owners” (people who takes responsibility and control of their lives) as opposed to “victims.”

I had a difficult time settling on a rating for this book because although The Coaches’ Keys to Client Creation has many good points, it sadly falls short in several other ways. First of all, while Wolf’s writing is indeed approachable and conversational, his sentences are often awkwardly worded and this makes his thoughts difficult for the reader to follow. Also jarring is the fact that constantly throughout the book he puts words that he wants to emphasize in all caps. Thirdly, the manuscript is riddled with grammar errors. These flaws unfortunately make Wolf’s writing appear very unprofessional, while the ideas that he has to share in themselves are, in fact, quite insightful and helpful.

My final rating of The Coaches’ Keys to Client Creation is two stars out of four, based on the above reasons. I wanted to give it at least three stars for the content, but the editing was so poor that I felt two was more suitable. As the title intimates, this book would be most useful to other coaches in the health and wellness field who are looking to grow their businesses. I knew very little about the inner workings of the coaching and therapy industries before reading this book—it was interesting to find out that even coaches have coaches! Overall, The Coaches’ Keys to Client Creation is filled with many helpful ideas and has the potential to be much, much better if it goes through another round of editing.

The Coaches' Keys To Client Creation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rachel Lea's review? Post a comment saying so!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I really enjoyed the quote that you used at the beginning. Thanks for the engaging review!
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Thirdly, the manuscript is riddled with grammar errors. These flaws unfortunately make Wolf’s writing appear very unprofessional, while the ideas that he has to share in themselves are, in fact, quite insightful and helpful.
I understand what you mean. I've reviewed several books recently that were undone by a lack of editing. I appreciate your honest review.
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

It sounds like there's a lot of potential with this book. I like that it's short and to the point. Hopefully, the author can hire an editor to help get the book into shape.
Rachel Lea

Post by Rachel Lea »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 08:37 I really enjoyed the quote that you used at the beginning. Thanks for the engaging review!
Thank you so much! :)
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Rachel Lea

Post by Rachel Lea »

Cecilia_L wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 13:01
Thirdly, the manuscript is riddled with grammar errors. These flaws unfortunately make Wolf’s writing appear very unprofessional, while the ideas that he has to share in themselves are, in fact, quite insightful and helpful.
I understand what you mean. I've reviewed several books recently that were undone by a lack of editing. I appreciate your honest review.
Thank you, Cecilia! :)
Rachel Lea

Post by Rachel Lea »

unamilagra wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 17:47 It sounds like there's a lot of potential with this book. I like that it's short and to the point. Hopefully, the author can hire an editor to help get the book into shape.
Yes, I hope so, too. Thank you! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”