Official Review: The Dawn Phenomenon by G.E. Frazier, CHC

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Official Review: The Dawn Phenomenon by G.E. Frazier, CHC

Post by cpru68 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dawn Phenomenon" by G.E. Frazier, CHC.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In November of 2011, a routine visit to the doctor resulted in startling news for G.E. Frazier, the author of The Dawn Phenomenon. He was diagnosed with diabetes that was deemed 'out of control.' Not passively taking this as the truth, he began a search on how to eradicate this from his life. Nine weeks later, with a follow-up with his physician, he came prepared with the information he had gathered from his online searches and measurements of his glucose levels.

Until I had read this material, I had no idea that the title of this book referred to a condition that could potentially affect many of us. According to this writer, our ancestors were up before sunrise to hunt for their meal, and the body, in preparation for that activity, would release glucose into the bloodstream in the early morning hours beginning around 2 a.m. After breakfast was consumed, blood sugar levels would drop back to normal. So, how does this affect us today?

When we are instructed to do a blood test for medical purposes, we are told to fast, and generally, we have our blood drawn early in the day. Thus, the results coming back could reflect this phenomenon where it isn't an accurate reading but our bodies doing what they have been programmed to do for survival in the past. Most physicians overlook this and quickly prescribe medication to treat, not cure, the ailment. This author contends that poor health causes disease, and if we work on the care of ourselves with proper nutrition and other variables, we will find this issue resolved quickly without drugs.

I liked the information I received from this 69-page guide. The author states at the beginning that his goal was to keep it concise so that readers could quickly take in what he had discovered and apply it to their lives. Also, he gives various links and resources to back up his claims as well as offering his help. After spending many years as a tax accountant, Mr. Frazier went back to school in his 70s to become a health coach. He makes it clear that he is not a doctor, but he has gone into his retirement years working to help people live healthy lives free of disease.

I would recommend this to readers who like books that focus on medical issues and alternative forms of advice on how to heal the body naturally. This is not full of technical terms that don't make sense, and the author has thrown in a few witty jokes to lighten up the discussion so it isn't so serious. It has been said that laughter is good medicine, and this does help when reading about a subject that is ominous.

I am giving this a 3 out of 4 stars because it can use some polishing in places. My copy is in PDF form, so I am under the assumption that the author is planning on revising this to improve it. One place that correction should be made would be the graphs that have been inserted to show proof of his research. Most of them were either upside down or going in the wrong direction making them difficult to read. Because these are such vital pieces to the book, they have to be formatted properly so they are easy to view.

While I was intrigued by all of the facts that he presented, I noticed that the copyright from this was 2014 and included links from articles from that year or older. I would suggest revamping this material to reflect more current information for readers to pursue. It was mentioned that this writing was put aside for a while and the author was now getting around to publishing it. A little bit of updating could give it more validity when it comes to sharing facts from other sources.

As far as punctuation, grammar, and spelling, I only found a few errors that can be easily amended to make this book even better.

I would have no problem awarding this the highest rating if the issues I noted here were to be fixed. I believe this is a valuable resource for those who desire optimal health.

The Dawn Phenomenon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cpru68's review? Post a comment saying so!
Everything happens for a reason...
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

The author has shed light on a phenomenon that has been ignored by science - if at all they knew about it. It further shows how we are the product of an Intelligent Designer as opposed to a product of chance. Thanks for the insightful review.
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Wyland wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 08:34 The author has shed light on a phenomenon that has been ignored by science - if at all they knew about it. It further shows how we are the product of an Intelligent Designer as opposed to a product of chance. Thanks for the insightful review.
Isn’t it amazing what we really don’t know about the human body even in this day and age with all our technology? This book was a great learning lesson for me. Thanks for reading my review, and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. 😊
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting. I've never heard that theory before. I do know that physicians are too quick to prescribe mediation for all sorts of conditions. I'm interested in what the author has to say. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

kandscreeley wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 12:08 Interesting. I've never heard that theory before. I do know that physicians are too quick to prescribe mediation for all sorts of conditions. I'm interested in what the author has to say. Thanks!
I hadn’t either! I googled it though, and it popped right up! This is why I love to read a wide variety of books. Keeps me in the know. Thanks for stopping in. I always appreciate it. 😊
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This sounds really interesting! How often have we heard conflicting "studies" about chocolate, coffee, eggs, salt, etc. being good/bad for our health? We get tired of hearing what the 'experts' have to say. This author seems to have done his research to help others avoid this disease. Thanks so much for recommending this book.
Mai Tran
Currently Reading: What's Your Favorite Color?
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mai-tran.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Mai Tran »

I know that most disease like diabetes can be controlled with a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition, but I'm surprised that the author actually cure his ailment. This will be an interesting read. Thank you for your insights.
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

kdstrack wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 11:54 This sounds really interesting! How often have we heard conflicting "studies" about chocolate, coffee, eggs, salt, etc. being good/bad for our health? We get tired of hearing what the 'experts' have to say. This author seems to have done his research to help others avoid this disease. Thanks so much for recommending this book.
I love the author’s attitude with taking measures into his own hands and doing his own research. It really was a nice book to have come my way. Thanks for your kind words regarding my review.
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

TuyetMai wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 20:57 I know that most disease like diabetes can be controlled with a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition, but I'm surprised that the author actually cure his ailment. This will be an interesting read. Thank you for your insights.
I really enjoyed this one and the author has a great sense of humor. I appreciate you reading my review. Thanks so much!
Clemens Nickleby
Favorite Book: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Currently Reading: Free Plants for Everyone
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clemens-nickleby.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Clemens Nickleby »

It is so encouraging that people with alternative approaches to treating difficult medical problems are publishing their research. Your review has definitely convinced me that even with some of its issues, this is a great book to own. Thanks for a great review!
Truth is stranger than Fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't. Mark Twain
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Clemens Nickleby wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 17:57 It is so encouraging that people with alternative approaches to treating difficult medical problems are publishing their research. Your review has definitely convinced me that even with some of its issues, this is a great book to own. Thanks for a great review!
I learned a lot from this author, that is for sure. It is why I love to read so I can gain new perspectives and knowledge. Thanks for reading my review. I appreciate it!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”