Official Review: God Revealed by Fred Sievert

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Official Review: God Revealed by Fred Sievert

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God Revealed" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"How could I have been so busy as to not even recognize that God's hand was guiding me? And how many other Christians aren't watching and listening for those divine messages in their lives?"

Fred Sievert often prayed when he was troubled or needed direction, but he previously failed to make the connection now explained in his book, God Revealed: Revisit Your Past to Enrich Your Future. Sievert recounts 31 experiences that reinforce the presence of God in his life. He discusses memories from childhood, business experiences, friendships, family relationships, and significant turning points; their common theme is God's guidance in his time of need. Through his stories, Sievert hopes to encourage others to "read, reflect, and remember" God's intervention on behalf of their lives.

There's a lot to like about this well-written book; in addition to its organized formatting and flawless editing, it is overflowing with encouraging words. Sievert's writing style is informal and conversational as he shares how readers can be more attentive to God's presence. He also provides scriptural reflections and practical exercises at the end of each chapter.

Additionally, Sievert is quite the storyteller; I would not expect an experience about approving an insurance claim to bring tears to my eyes, but it did just that. I don't want to reveal the specifics of the story, because it is more meaningful to read it firsthand. However, I will say that in addition to impacting the family of the victim, the experience touched Sievert at a time when he was questioning the significance of his job.

One of my favorite portions of the book was in the final chapter. As might be expected, the author recapped experiences when he felt God's presence and encouraged readers to reflect on meaningful memories from their own lives. However, it was his honest admission that there were times he felt prayers went unanswered that I most appreciated because I believe many Christians have experienced similar feelings at one time, or another. I agreed with his conclusion that in hindsight, we may eventually see that God was indeed, working on our behalf during these seasons. Even so, I found his transparency refreshing and his admission reassuring; I expect other readers will as well.

I honestly can't name a thing I dislike about the book, and I'm pleased to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Although Sievert writes from a Christian perspective, one doesn't need to be a Christian to find encouragement in his reflections that convey faith, joy, gratitude, and love. I would recommend the book to anyone who enjoys inspirational stories. However, I would not recommend it to readers who dislike reading about faith or God.

God Revealed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Cecilia_L's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amanda Deck
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

...there were times he felt prayers went unanswered that I most appreciated because I believe many Christians have experienced similar feelings at one time, or another. I agreed with his conclusion that in hindsight, we may eventually see that God was indeed, working on our behalf during these seasons.
I really like this idea. It reminds me of a song I heard called Unanswered Prayer, a country song I think it was, that points out how God definitely was working when the guy had thought God didn't care at all.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I feel this book would encourage me in terms of developing a prayerful life, especially considering Sivert was not getting an immediate answer for the low moments in his life. Thanks for the wonderful review.
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Additionally, Sievert is quite the storyteller; I would not expect an experience about approving an insurance claim to bring tears to my eyes, but it did just that. I don't want to reveal the specifics of the story, because it is more meaningful to read it firsthand. However, I will say that in addition to impacting the family of the victim, the experience touched Sievert at a time when he was questioning the significance of his job.
How wonderful! I'm glad the author included encouraging everyday stories like this. This sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

Thanks for the great review of this book! I enjoyed reading what you had to say about “God Revealed” and it made me want to read it. I enjoy reading encouraging books that help develop your faith. This sounds like a book that would help you look into your past experiences (whether positive or negative) to see how God was there to grow, develop, and support you the whole time.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Amanda Deck wrote: 26 May 2019, 21:33
...there were times he felt prayers went unanswered that I most appreciated because I believe many Christians have experienced similar feelings at one time, or another. I agreed with his conclusion that in hindsight, we may eventually see that God was indeed, working on our behalf during these seasons.
I really like this idea. It reminds me of a song I heard called Unanswered Prayer, a country song I think it was, that points out how God definitely was working when the guy had thought God didn't care at all.
Thanks for sharing, Amanda.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Wyland wrote: 27 May 2019, 05:07 I feel this book would encourage me in terms of developing a prayerful life, especially considering Sivert was not getting an immediate answer for the low moments in his life. Thanks for the wonderful review.
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 27 May 2019, 10:33
How wonderful! I'm glad the author included encouraging everyday stories like this. This sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for your comment, Sarah.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I recently interviewed the author of this book. He sounds like a really down-to-earth guy. This sounds like it could be very encouraging and inspiring; it's probably something I need in my life now. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Everydayadventure15 wrote: 27 May 2019, 13:34 Thanks for the great review of this book! I enjoyed reading what you had to say about “God Revealed” and it made me want to read it. I enjoy reading encouraging books that help develop your faith. This sounds like a book that would help you look into your past experiences (whether positive or negative) to see how God was there to grow, develop, and support you the whole time.
You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

kandscreeley wrote: 28 May 2019, 10:10 I recently interviewed the author of this book. He sounds like a really down-to-earth guy. This sounds like it could be very encouraging and inspiring; it's probably something I need in my life now. Thanks.
How interesting! Yes, I agree. :tiphat:
FariDa Arif
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farida-arif.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by FariDa Arif »

"God revealed",by Fred Sievert takes energy from past and adds it for future.How past experiences can be beneficial for our coming life is reflected in this book.God reveals that if you think He has helped you in the past , He will certainly be there for you in the times of difficulties waiting ahead.Inspirationl review,helps to bind our scattered religious beliefs. The author's high hold on his unique style is remarkable.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

FariDa Arif wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 11:36 "God revealed",by Fred Sievert takes energy from past and adds it for future.How past experiences can be beneficial for our coming life is reflected in this book.God reveals that if you think He has helped you in the past , He will certainly be there for you in the times of difficulties waiting ahead.Inspirationl review,helps to bind our scattered religious beliefs. The author's high hold on his unique style is remarkable.
Thanks for stopping by.
tj doxa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by tj doxa »

This book gives a lot of encouragment. oking at some of points like prayer and listening. You dont have to give up even after lots of years one day you will be answered.

What fred went through is something that can happen to anyone. It takes peseverance to reach you goes.
At times during our hard times we feel as if God has left us alone yet that is when he carries as on his shoulders the most.
Almost all of Fred's life journey as states in this book simply tells as that each each amd every person needs to start with small success snd later will reach a level never expect of.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

This sounds like a book I should read and frankly everyone because who can't profit from encouragement and inspiration. Good job on the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”