Featured Official Review: The Morning Mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bhaskins
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Re: Featured Official Review: The Morning Mind

Post by Bhaskins »

This sounds like a good read for myself and my therapy clients!
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

Okay, this book sounds super interesting and it definitely sounds like something I need in my life. I can also relate to so many of the things you listed at the beginning of this review it’s not even funny. Great review. I am definitely going to read this book!
Sarah Shine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sarah Shine »

This thread actually made me happy to be part of this forum. Beautifully scripted review. Just wondering if review is such engaging, then book is going to stay with me for longer. "The Morning Mind" is definitely me next read. Thanks!
Dorcas Serwaa Adu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcas-serwaa-adu.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Dorcas Serwaa Adu »

Awesome! Now I have the perfect excuse to stay in bed😓. When someone asks, I'll be like, "well, according to science, in the morning, my two beings (body and mind) wage a war. So technically I was listening to a very fascinating argument, waiting to see who wins." 😉 Just kidding. The book sounds very cool and the plus is that it's written by two proffessionals. Thus, everything will be precise and worth taking note of. After all, it will be a crime to not be able to tame your mind and body. We are grateful for the eye opener.😇
868_ms_savage
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by 868_ms_savage »

Only read halfway through and it's going very interesting so far, I can't wait to read the rest.
FrankieKelley
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: Mortal Engines
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frankiekelley.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B07XL7G4HH

Post by FrankieKelley »

I definitely agree with this reviewer’s ideas about what the “Lizard” represents within our minds. I read another book somewhat similar to this a few years back, and I recall it being a dragon, so reptilians sure seem to be invading our brains a lot more these days!
Msred325
Favorite Book: It
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172

Post by Msred325 »

I am not much of a science type reader, that is unless it is Science Fiction, but your review makes me want to read this book. Great job.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

I like that this book is not solely dependent on a persons opinion of how our brains work and how to train our minds, but instead is backed up by extensive research. This makes it more appealing and believable.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
MBW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by MBW »

Thanks for the amazing review! I was also expecting a book on how to get up earlier and without your review I probably would have passed on it. Now I’m really curious about the book and plan on reading it.
Jacqueline Elshabazz
Currently Reading: Gathered
Bookshelf Size: 89

Post by Jacqueline Elshabazz »

You know I never thought about getting up in the morning. I just get up and start the day, I know what I had planned the previous day,to do this day, or something not. The writers talked about the morning being the best part of your day. Which is true,I commend the writer's on tips to start the day right ,being ahead of the pack :tiphat:
Bigirimana Celestin
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigirimana-celestin.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bigirimana Celestin »

Who do you want to be: a victim or an influential person who takes full responsibility for life?

If this is the whole theme of the book, I think it has to be recommended to everyone under thirty years old. Great review.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou
Jacqueline Elshabazz

Faith is taking the first step forward even though you don't see the whole staircase,what if you're could master your mind, plan your day and it could turn out the same way you plan it to be. Dr Robert Carter and his wife Dr. Kirti salwe Carter wrote about wakeup early and happy. To learn the circadian rhythms it's a natural phenomenon internal processes that regulate the sleep wake cycle and repeat the process roughly every 24 hours ,
I think this is a very gifted process that the doctor's talked about .
Very interesting and very much useful to me.
Thanks for your response.
Jacqueline Elshabazz

Reading the book The morning mind was very helpful for me learning about the two conflicting internal forces in your brain. And yes they don't conform you right away but, the lizard and the wizard do give you something to think about.
Sounds like a great book.
Jacqueline Elshabazz

I know, I have started a new relationship with that book thank you very much for your response :idea2:
:reading-6: :reading-6:
Jacqueline Elshabazz

The book is cowritten by two very knowledgeable doctors. The circadian rhythm is a very slow natural activity in the brain it is a internal processes that regulate the sleep wake cycle and repeat the process every 24 hours. It was such a joy for me to read your comments thank you. :techie-reference:
:reading-6: :reading-6:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”