Official Review: The Average Joe's Guide to Success

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: The Average Joe's Guide to Success

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Average Joe's Guide to Success" by R. C. Farrington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Average Joe's Guide to Success by R. C. Farrington is a profound read. It offers insight to any person regarded as average on how to become successful.

As the world we live in continues to be dominated by the high achievers especially the business world, many average people resign themselves to just drifting through life. However, as R. C. Farrington shows in his book, average people have strengths too that they can use to good advantage to be successful in their areas of influence. As an average person himself, he shares his experiences and discusses how he became successful. He shows how imagination, wanting to learn, asking questions among other assets will set an average person for success.

I liked that the content is succinct. It focuses on details related to the topic. This makes it easy to grasp and remember the messages in the book. The language used is uncomplicated and is free of jargon which ensures that it is accessible to any reader who is attracted to the content. In many instances, the writer’s experiences are used to expound on the themes and give weight to his advice. The anecdotes are relatable since they build a rapport between the author and the reader. They made it easier for me to connect with the work and identify ways in which I could actualize the insight contained, in my own life experiences.

I also loved that the interior organization of the book is professionally done. Each topic is suitably titled and explored. At the end of each chapter, a section for noting down the points identified while reading is reserved. Attributes that appear as a list are arranged in an orderly form such as in the case of the positive attributes that each person should consider adopting for a successful career and life.

The Average Joe's Guide to Success by R. C. Farrington is unique. It focuses on the influence, strengths, and potential of average people who are largely ignored in our fast-paced world. It is free of grammatical errors which makes reading effortless. The advice contained is useful and I did not identify any areas in the book that I did not like.

People who have been defined as average and, therefore, have been excluded from the possibility of ever attaining success will find it eye-opening. It is also an important read for business leaders and high achievers who would want to learn about the contribution of average people. Readers who are not fans of non-fiction books may not enjoy it. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

The Average Joe's Guide to Success
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I love the premise of this book! In a world where we are constantly told that we need to be extraordinary, finally we are able to accept mediocrity!
Great review!
Dentarthurdent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dentarthurdent.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dentarthurdent »

Interesting review. Just like Stephanie Elizabeth, I find that a book focused on the average person's success is a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the review!
"I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say"
--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

Everyone needs this book because everybody wants to succeed. Love this.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Radiant3 »

A useful and relevant book for everyone. Thanks for the great review.
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

I think the concept of the book is very good and well meaning but I don't think many people will readily accept that they are average as it is human nature to feel special and different, even if not justified. Thanks for the lovely review though!
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

I don't think people readily accept themselves as average, but the book can also be useful to anyone who wants to be successful. Great review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's nice that this one is so well-organized and uncomplicated. That really helps it to be accessible to all audiences. Still, I'm not looking for a self-help book of this type at the moment. Thanks for the review, though. I enjoyed reading it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Vishal980
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Vishal980 »

World is filled with so many different people having different mind sets and the knowledge based on strength, influence, potential of the people competing with the modern world in this book is completely valuable
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

I feel like this is a must read. Good advice - especially simple and practical steps - goes a long way. Your review is well-done. Thank you.
Michgal 32
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michgal-32.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Michgal 32 »

The premise of the book is lovely. We can not all be high achievers, the average person also must stand out. Great review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciate that the author focuses on motivating those who consider themselves to be average people. I think that would appeal to a wide audience. The format and lack of errors are positive points. Thanks for your positive comments about this book. I enjoyed the recommendation.
kelly60
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 1413
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by kelly60 »

Well organized and not too complicated for the average reader. I think it would be a helpful read for many
“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.” – J.K. Rowling

“In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.” – Mortimer J. Adler
TinyikoS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tinyikos.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by TinyikoS »

People are constantly looking for success methods. I think you are right by saying that business owners and professionals will enjoy it.(they are addicted to self improvement) 😂🤣
Maelo1
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maelo1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by Maelo1 »

From your review it seems it is a great book I think i,ll be sitting down to read it.Your review is also great I think I have a few things to learn from you.
Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest.
:roll: Rob White :roll:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”