Official Review: The God Mind Principles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Official Review: The God Mind Principles

Post by Yoli García »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The God Mind Principles" by Krystyna and Phillip Fowler.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you experiencing rough times in your life? Are you seeking spiritual guidance? Do you need advice on how to control your negative thoughts? Do you need reassurance that you are not alone and that good deeds do not go unnoticed? Do you believe that human beings are all interconnected through spiritual, cosmic energy? If you answered yes to some or all of these questions, then this book might be for you.

The God Mind Principles by Krystyna Fowler and Phillip Fowler is a spiritual self-help book that contains 1,605 godly principles that will help you through life, particularly if you are going through a difficult time. The book is written in the first-person point of view. The authors explain the rules of how to read the text in the preface. The rest of the book, though, follows the point of view of the God Father and the Goddess Mother, as they address the reader mostly in unison. Overall, the text reads like an extensive list of commandments given by these holy entities. In the end, it includes instructions about how the reader should communicate with the God Father and the Goddess Mother through the Book of Locks (Journal).

What I liked the most about this read was that the reader could take a lot of transcendent advice from it. The book is non-denominational, so people from all religious backgrounds and who are non-judgmental could get guidance from it. The most important lessons that I took from it were about the self-examination and control of negative thoughts, the benefits of forgiving, the protection of the environment, the value of respect and tolerance among all, and how to elevate and trust the inner spirit.

Another aspect of the book that I found interesting was the emphasis the narrators make on the male and female alleged creators of the universe. The God Father and the Goddess Mother created everything, and the narrators want the reader to understand this statement. In one part, the God Father argues: “Our beloved, you must recognize, comprehend, and accept the fact that your spirit Mother is the Grand Matriarch of all creation, and I am the Grand Patriarch, whereby all creation is jointly created by us!” Besides stressing this point throughout the book, the narrators discuss numerous times the inequality that exists between men and women on our planet. They also argue that when this inequality ends and “women’s spiritual sensibilities and intuition” emerge from subjugation “a new phenomenon of world peace will arise.”

Even though I found some valuable advice and I thought the narrators make some thought-provoking claims, I did not like a couple of factors about this book. First, I did not like the format of the book because it does not have chapters. The reader has to read the long list of 1,605 divine principles. This method did not work for me, as I thought I was never going to end reading the text. Second, the narration from the God Father and the Goddess Mother threw me off. I am an open-minded person, but I remain a skeptic on godly entities talking through authors.

I rate The God Mind Principles by Krystyna Fowler and Phillip Fowler 3 out of 4 stars. The readers could take a lot of great spiritual advice from this book. Also, the editor did an excellent job because I did not find a single grammatical error. However, I did not like the format and the narration style. I would recommend it to readers who enjoy spiritual self-help books that follow the New Age trend of The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

The God Mind Principles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Yolimari's review? Post a comment saying so!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one is too spiritual for me. I have no doubt that there are some good takeaways, but I would like advice more from a Christian perspective. Thanks, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I find the number of principles to be overwhelming. A long list of commandments would be discouraging. I will have to pass on this one. Thanks for the review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I think I would have enjoyed reading the book if it weren't for the God Father and Goddess Mother, especially talking through the author, and no chapters. Thank you for a very nice review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Thank you for a very good and honest review! I too prefer when a book has chapters and not to seek through a large number of principles (in this case). But I find interesting that the book talks about male and female aspects of divine Although, I doubt too that the godly entities could speak through the authors of this book. :)
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks a lot for the review. It seems readers seeking spiritual advice will benefit immensely from this book. However, if I am going to read this then it will be from curiosity and not really for help.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I can understand the hesitation around the author embodying the male and female spiritual entities. I do like the idea of male and female aspects of the divine. It's like bringing together archetypes and religion/spirituality. I'd like to check this one out. Thanks for the balanced review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I agree with you that we should remain quite skeptical about godly entities speaking to the authors of the book, but I like the idea of a spiritual book that can be beneficial for people of different creeds, and I believe we could all benefit from gender equality. The formatting seems tiresome, though.
Thank you for a fascinating review!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Books that draw us closer to what's better and right are a good thing. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”