What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: What would you expect in this book's sequel?

Post by Reema Aydieh »

lavkathleen wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 13:24
Reema Aydieh wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 07:55 I’m not sure what to expect after what happened. The whole thing felt like Gary hating himself, (even though it’s a different Gary from a different line) so if he took revenge (would that be like committing suicide?) the cycle won’t end. I would love to see how the theory of interfering with a different timeline would affect all and changes the outcome. If so, does that mean there’s no hope for Gary after what happened? I would defiantly read the sequel.
:lol2: In my head, they're still their own persons, therefore, different people. But you do have a point; I'd feel weird to confront myself in a different world. However, why would the cycle not end? It's only the two of them who had beef with each other. Would his other versions have reason/s to turn against him?
I was thinking more like if he got his revenge against the one who did the crime who says he had the right one? Like how there were two lines with him being guilty in one and not guilty in another. Maybe in one line he would get his revenge and live on and in another one, he gets his revenge only for the other Gary to want revenge too. That’s why I said the cycle will never end, there are too many lines with a lot of versions of Gary one can’t be sure.
“Just keep swimming.”
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

For the sequel, it would be interesting to explore the concept of death and reincarnation in the context of the multiverse theory. I had the impression that Sinead was pondering on something regarding the health condition of her mother. Is there a possibility to extend life through the worldline? Or could you “borrow” a version of your loved one from a different worldline when the version from your worldline dies? How will it affect the other worldlines?
Courtney Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-hughes.html
Latest Review: Summer in the City by Kevin Phelps

Post by Courtney Hughes »

What if Gary was reforming other aspects of himself while working on getting out of prison as an innocent person? That would be an interesting storyline to watch unfold in a character.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

I am excited that there will be a sequel. The author should include time travel in lucid dreams and astral projection.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I would want the author to convict the innocent Gary, while the guilty one is set free. That way, the innocent one will try to plead for his freedom. And while doing so, he will keep the book captivating.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

The sequel's already out but I've not read it yet. Judging by the title, I can say it will be a story of revenge between Garys from all the different timelines. I think the sequel will be more deadly and go on to show how futile it is to hold a grudge.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

I hope that the author maintains the mystery which endears the readers. I'm sure he'll be caught in between making Gary go to jail or not. I'm sure it's his sole choice. I just hope he comes up with something as exciting as this.
Uzzy_Reviews
Shannon Ruane
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannon-ruane.html
Latest Review: The Alex Cave Series Book 5. Pandora’s Eyes by James M. Corkill
Reading Device: B07F2TKPFN

Post by Shannon Ruane »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 05:55 I would like to see another story, not related to Gary, but related to the multiverse theory. I will definitely read the sequel, so thank you for this information!
Hi! Interestingly, you mention that you wanted to see something featuring a different story than Gary's. I was on another thread that was discussing Professor Buzzard's personality. I commented about speculating if he had a similar experience to Gary (not the murder but the "overlapping" worldlines style situation). It would make an interesting prequel or even if he only mentions it in a few pages. That would shock me (in a good way) and make his outlook on life and teaching logical.

I wish book three addresses questions unanswered at the end of Worldlines. It makes sense why they are not addressed in the sequel, but I believe Gary's solo story is done after that book.

Using a plot in book three that featured the outcomes of the first Gary and Michelle and their friends/family. There could still be worldlines but adding more people could increase the complexity of the story.

Have you read the sequel yet?
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Shannon Ruane wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 00:37
Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 05:55 I would like to see another story, not related to Gary, but related to the multiverse theory. I will definitely read the sequel, so thank you for this information!
Hi! Interestingly, you mention that you wanted to see something featuring a different story than Gary's. I was on another thread that was discussing Professor Buzzard's personality. I commented about speculating if he had a similar experience to Gary (not the murder but the "overlapping" worldlines style situation). It would make an interesting prequel or even if he only mentions it in a few pages. That would shock me (in a good way) and make his outlook on life and teaching logical.

I wish book three addresses questions unanswered at the end of Worldlines. It makes sense why they are not addressed in the sequel, but I believe Gary's solo story is done after that book.

Using a plot in book three that featured the outcomes of the first Gary and Michelle and their friends/family. There could still be worldlines but adding more people could increase the complexity of the story.

Have you read the sequel yet?
I agree with you, there are so many interesting secondary plot lines! I have not read the sequel yet, but I found out that it focuses on Gary, unfortunately. However, I am curious to discover what's next!
Intel
Favorite Author: Sarah Dessen
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
fav_author_id: 3879

Post by Intel »

I would like to see another person's story with glimpses of Gary's in the background. Like someone else who has gotten to understand the Worldlines and what it means for themselves, with occasional mentions of Gary like how he was in the news and such.
Lissethe_H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 948
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lissethe-h.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Lissethe_H »

Nancy Morara wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 09:22 I would wish that the criminal Gary get's to serve his sentence and reform. I would also want to see the good Gary achieve his most needed dreams and justice finally served. I know it will be a long rollercoaster of events for Gary to attain peace of mind and finally learn his lessons from the experience.
I totally agree with that, I'd like to see a fairer closure for the protagonist (I'm aware that this is rarely possible in real life, but hey! it's worth dreaming). On the other hand, being more realistic, I would like a sequel that addresses other characters, either new or secondary ones, with new timelines to explore and, this is optional, will show characters from the first book in minor cameos.
Shannon Ruane
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannon-ruane.html
Latest Review: The Alex Cave Series Book 5. Pandora’s Eyes by James M. Corkill
Reading Device: B07F2TKPFN

Post by Shannon Ruane »

LissetheH wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 16:20
Nancy Morara wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 09:22 I would wish that the criminal Gary get's to serve his sentence and reform. I would also want to see the good Gary achieve his most needed dreams and justice finally served. I know it will be a long rollercoaster of events for Gary to attain peace of mind and finally learn his lessons from the experience.
I totally agree with that, I'd like to see a fairer closure for the protagonist (I'm aware that this is rarely possible in real life, but hey! it's worth dreaming). On the other hand, being more realistic, I would like a sequel that addresses other characters, either new or secondary ones, with new timelines to explore and, this is optional, will show characters from the first book in minor cameos.
Hi! I agree that a sequel featuring other characters would be intriguing. Many people on several forums are saying sequels should be different than the first. There is a sequel novel The Futility of Vengence but I hope the author writes additional novels. I have researched him and the closest thing I have seen is a sample story on his website, not a new novel. I can not figure out if he is a self-published author or a "traditional author," because funding could make the difference. If he had to work a full-time job and/or if pay absurd fees to self-publish I could see why it would take a long time for additional novels to be written. If a third book comes out it should definitely end Gary's story and start a new focus. Maybe Gary understanding of the situation would help the new "worldline victim" solve their worldline problems effectively.
Lissethe_H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 948
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lissethe-h.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Lissethe_H »

Shannon Ruane wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 15:22
LissetheH wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 16:20
Hi! I agree that a sequel featuring other characters would be intriguing. Many people on several forums are saying sequels should be different than the first. There is a sequel novel The Futility of Vengence but I hope the author writes additional novels. I have researched him and the closest thing I have seen is a sample story on his website, not a new novel. I can not figure out if he is a self-published author or a "traditional author," because funding could make the difference. If he had to work a full-time job and/or if pay absurd fees to self-publish I could see why it would take a long time for additional novels to be written. If a third book comes out it should definitely end Gary's story and start a new focus. Maybe Gary understanding of the situation would help the new "worldline victim" solve their worldline problems effectively.
I hadn't thought of it before, but you're right! It would be interesting to see Gary as the "mentor" of a new protagonist after he has closed out his story. I think this is an idea that has a lot of potential and possibilities.
Emilia Sieminska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilia-sieminska.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Post by Emilia Sieminska »

The story will probably continue with convicted Gary trying to avenge Michelle. Interesting, but I think I would rather read a different story based on the Many Worlds Theory.
Alyn-ayz Bryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyn-ayz-bryan.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Alyn-ayz Bryan »

I think Gary might go on a mission to clear his name once he is released from jail. Assuming he was wrongly convicted. But if he was truly guilty he might want to take out whoever 'snitched' on him and contributed towards his incarceration.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”