Favorite Character?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Favorite Character?

Post by onyii_review »

Sinead is my best character. She remained a supportive friend to Gary through the lines. And that's something to learn.
Uzzy_Reviews
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

I love all the characters, l'm impress with how the author developed them. My favorite is Michelle from Redline, she is a lovely character. She is a free spirit, jovial and hardworking.
angelap5467
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelap5467.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by angelap5467 »

Professor Leyton Buzzard stole my heart. I felt like I was in his lessons dived deep into his questions and thought process, enjoying every problem and possible solution.
Shannon Ruane
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannon-ruane.html
Latest Review: The Alex Cave Series Book 5. Pandora’s Eyes by James M. Corkill
Reading Device: B07F2TKPFN

Post by Shannon Ruane »

jomana_3 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 17:17 What is your favorite character in Worldlines? I liked Garry of the Blue Line and Michelle the most. I didn't like Garry from the Black Line as much, though.
My favorite character was the lawyer defending Gary. She was bold enough to tackle the challenge of defending a man in another worldline. I bet she never thought she would run across a case as bizarre. Her skills of lucid dreaming are finally put to use which must be satisfying in a minor way for her. Given who she is friends with, perhaps she should not have been surprised to receive such a request. The fact she actually is open-minded and intellectually capable of believing this is real and that there is a possibility she will succeed makes me admire her more. I wish more people were fond of her because, without her, Gary would not have been able to attempt a trial. All other lawyers thought he was nuts.
Alice Festo
Favorite Book: Deceitful Survival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-festo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alice Festo »

My favorite character is Sinead, in both worldlines she remained relevant and understanding. She appears to be the peacemaker despite her mother's illness and her relationship hurdles
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

Gary from the blue line was my favorite character. Being in his head was fun and unexpected for me as a reader. I think he was very interesting, and I think he complimented blue line Michelle well.
Josie Wert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josie-wert.html
Latest Review: The Last Lumenian by S.G. Blaise

Post by Josie Wert »

I’m thoroughly surprised no one's favorite character is Professor Buzzard. As far as favorite characters go, he blew the other characters out of the water for me. I couldn’t help but picture him as Doctor Brown from Back to the Future, who is also my favorite character. I guess the reason Professor Buzzard is my favorite is because he’s the only truly consistent character. He’s quite literally the same person in every worldline.
CoolReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolreads.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by CoolReads »

My vote is for Professor Buzzard. The professor's unique manner of explaining complex physics theory into a relatable situation in an ordinary person's life made a difference to the reader's experience in understanding the multiverse concept. Without his character, the non-sci-fi fans would have had difficulty grasping what was going on with Gary.
Blessing Okorie
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-okorie.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Post by Blessing Okorie »

I liked Gary a bit but I can't decide who my best character was between Sinéad and Michelle. Sinéad was very kind while Michelle was somewhat ambitious and hard working. Michelle some how resonates with my personality so I will give it to her.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

My favorite character was Mary O'Brien. As a character who was formerly a lawyer prior to the onset of her vascular dementia, I enjoyed how the author explored her disease in creative manner instead of a gloomy one. I enjoyed how the author utilized her as an access portal in opening up other worldlines to other characters through her dementia.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I liked Garry in the Blue line. He was such a lovable character before all the darkness started to unravel. I also like Michelle in the Red line. She was a strong and ambitious woman.
Book Dragoness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-dragoness.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Book Dragoness »

I love Gary from the black line most. I know that his character is very flawed, but he is only human. I admire the fact that he was willing to right his wrong no matter what to the extent that he would dare overdoes on the pills that would help him lucid dream.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Post by Eunice Geres »

I've read this book months ago. My favorite character at that time was the girl who agreed to explore the concept of entering the lucid dream that would take her to another life to prove Gary's innocence. I think I also liked the professor who introduced the concept at the beginning.
Drew Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drew-davis.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Drew Davis »

I loved the female characters in the book. Sinead was my favorite because she was likable and exuded a strength I admire.
Precious Lynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-lynn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Precious Lynn »

My favourite character is Garry. I liked seeing different versions of his character in multiple worldlines. Gary was very different in the various worldlines. It made me wonder about the possibility of different versions of myself, influenced by different circumstances, people, and worlds.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”