What if it was you?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

What if it was you?

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

What would you do or how would you conduct yourself if the many worlds theory was actually true and you knew for a fact that it was true, and let's say you were in one of the character's position?
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 04:37 What would you do or how would you conduct yourself if the many worlds theory was actually true and you knew for a fact that it was true, and let's say you were in one of the character's position?
If I were Professor Buzzard I think I would have probably would not have told all the students about the many-worlds theory knowing how impactful it could be. Maybe just one or two students.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 04:37 What would you do or how would you conduct yourself if the many worlds theory was actually true and you knew for a fact that it was true, and let's say you were in one of the character's position?
Literally everything as this is the assumption of the theory :) So I would conduct myself in every possible way (in this worldline this way, in another one, another way), creating even more different outcomes, and then adjusting to the consequences, and so on, and creating more new outcomes and so on. :ugeek2:
Let's not forget that the multiverse theory says EVERY possible situation must occur. And what we read in the book are also just a few chosen worldlines, but there are countless other possibilities.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

If it was me I will feel terrible about what has happened but I’d get over it eventually because it truly wasn’t my fault however it will remain a secret and I’ll make an active effort to prevent it from happening again in future.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

I would have told someone close to me and seen their reaction. If they had believed me, i would have moved on to tell others. Otherwise of no one believed me, i would never talk about it for fear of being called crazy and put in a psych ward.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

That would be kind of scary, knowing that another version of yourself can take control over you and do whatever they want. I don't really know what would be my reaction if such a thing existed in real life, but I know life would be much more complicated.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Wow, that's kinda hard to answer. Gary comes to mind and all I can think of is I don't want to be him in any way. Michelle's and Sinead's fates are kinda different in some of the worldlines. Mostly if they were with Gary or just friends with him or have animosity with each other. If I knew this theory what would I do? I think I will be experimenting as innocently and as safely as I can without doing actions that will impact drastically any version of me. The real difference lies if your intent is good or bad. You have this freedom to choose so what will you do with that freedom.
hullahope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hullahope.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by hullahope »

I would not tell anyone about it directly. But, I would leave little hints for people around me and guide them to discover it for themselves. In this way, I think they will have a better understanding of the fact and also it won't cause them to disbelieve me.
Neenu B_S
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neenu-b-s.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Neenu B_S »

If I was in the position of Gary, then that would really blow me off since I know the truth but none of the people around me is gonna believe me. I would be seen as a criminal as well as a psych. I really cant imagine how helpless I would be.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

To be honest I can't imagine myself being in Gray's position. People would think that you are a serial killer psycho. If I were to be Gray I would also date Michelle in the other world
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 11:41
Literally everything as this is the assumption of the theory :) So I would conduct myself in every possible way (in this worldline this way, in another one, another way), creating even more different outcomes, and then adjusting to the consequences, and so on, and creating more new outcomes and so on. :ugeek2:
Let's not forget that the multiverse theory says EVERY possible situation must occur. And what we read in the book are also just a few chosen worldlines, but there are countless other possibilities.
I actually didn't think of it that way. Lol. But you know your conscious would only be aware of a select few of those possibilities. The rest would be happening concurrently but you'd have no control over them. I suppose one would have to accept that they are happening even though they can't control all of the outcomes.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I honestly have no idea what I would do. My life is already only barely controlled chaos. Adding the many worlds theory to it is almost too much for me to wrap my head around.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

If I knew this to be true I would worry about one of my other selves taking over my actions, but other than that I would try to live my life normally and be a good person. There is not much I could do about the actions of my other-selves.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Jasy95
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasy95.html
Latest Review: The Data Collectors by Danielle Palli

Post by Jasy95 »

Honestly, it's a boring answer, but I'd probably do nothing about it. Trying to do something about it or change the way I was living based on the parallel universes would stress me out way too much. It'd be best to just keep trying to live life to the fullest and pretend I didn't know, because ignorance is bliss (even if it's pretend ignorance!)
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

I want to be like Prof. Buzzard. Since I know not of people will believe me, I'll just pick one or two trustworthy people just like what Prof. Buzzard did. And since I'm afraid of people's critiques, this character will suit me better.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”