What if it was you?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: What if it was you?

Post by Unique Ego »

Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 04:37 What would you do or how would you conduct yourself if the many worlds theory was actually true and you knew for a fact that it was true, and let's say you were in one of the character's position?
I can be a little mischievous so if the multiverse theory was real, I can see myself trying to game the system. Since theoretically, every possible outcome is guaranteed across a vast multiplicity of worldlines, I'd spread myself as much as possible. For instance, if I was Gary, I would kill someone in one worldline, save the person in the other, never known the person in one and be their best friend in yet another. And then as life plays out in each of these depending on my decisions, I'd adjust for each of them, like please guilty in one, break out of prison in another, etc. I'd like to believe that the net outcome will see me leaving my ultimate best life in at least one of these worldlines.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I would zip my mouth and won't utter a single word about it. I will certainly not experiment with the multiverses and the parallel worlds. What I would do is, drink some hot chocolate, relax, and go on about my daily routine- making the best use of this universe.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

It would be a sad and happy scenario. Sad, because I did not get the one I love and some instance, murdering him, being disabled and so on that I would have to withstand. Happy, because my innocence would be proven, have the one I love.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

If this was me, I would do nothing. Some things are way beyond our control and imagination. The more we try to control, our efforts only become futile
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

Just knowing about the existence of other worldlines is not enough to do something about them. However, I would think the best way is to learn to deter other characters from influencing my behavior negatively in my worldline but at the same time learn to behave in a way that will positively impact the other characters in the other worldlines for the greater good.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

I would keep it to myself and I would not participate in alternative worldlines, because it might impact things in a harmful way. Furthermore, it just seems disasterous if people were to know about it :snooty:
Kuchi Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuchi-mercy.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Kuchi Mercy »

To imagine myself being in Gray's position is something I can't do. It would make me unsure of who I am and what I'm doing a particular time. Moreover, people would consider me a psycho.
Kuchi Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuchi-mercy.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Kuchi Mercy »

To imagine myself being in Gray's position is something I can't do. It would make me unsure of who I am and what I'm doing a particular time. Moreover, people would consider me a psycho.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

I don't think in this context that the individual has any choice of initiatives of his own. He is totally controlled by his worldline. Anyway, I have thought about this idea and putting myself in the shoes of the characters.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

Maybe I will keep the secret to myself but in terms of mass panic and hysteria. Because if it suddenly becomes known about such an opportunity, everyone will want to do it, which will lead to quite a mass chaos. If we accept that it is real and true, I would probably wait and teach myself to use it and then pass it on to others.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

That's a great question. I honestly don't know what I would do.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I want to be like Prof. Buzzard because if I know that mutiverse is exist then i would try to tell one or two of my most trustworthy person to see their reaction. One another thing I want to try is to see how different outcome it is and pick the best one.
Abi1
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B01KLMX1KM

Post by Abi1 »

Honestly, I don't know what I would do if this theory were true. I feel like I would not necessarily concern myself with it, because at the end of the day you can only control what you are doing now in this moment where you're at. Sure you could try experimenting in the other worldlines, but to what extent, for what purpose? Instead of wasting all that time experimenting to see all the various things I could do and the outcomes, I'd focus on doing right and making the right decisions in the worldline I am presenting in as if the others didn't exist. Because in reality, the question is always asked: what would you do if it only had one shot and then its done. We already have the possibility of doing many various things, we just won't know the outcome like we could if there were multiverses to look back on of ourselves.

As Micaiah Johnson says in her book, The Space Between Worlds: “The multiverse isn't just parallel universes accessible thorough science. They are in each of us, a kaleidoscope made of varying perceptions.” When I read this quote I see the varying perceptions as the various thoughts that run through our mind as we look at things from various perspectives when trying to make a decision on which will be the best move of action to make in our everyday lives, some of which are subconscious thought processes.
lightsammy
Currently Reading: And Throw Away The Skins
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lightsammy.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by lightsammy »

I don't want to imagine myself in such a situation where another version of me takes total control over my life. I guess this will be the scariest thing to ever think of.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

Michaeljerry309 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 13:13 If it was me I will feel terrible about what has happened but I’d get over it eventually because it truly wasn’t my fault however it will remain a secret and I’ll make an active effort to prevent it from happening again in future.
I will feel the same to.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”