Pictures at the end or in context?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Ari Martinez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Re: Pictures at the end or in context?

Post by Ari Martinez »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 09:25 I agree with your perspective! I like to look at the pictures or understand the references from a text while I am reading about it. It makes more sense to me.
Me too! I prefer looking at pictures while reading because I understand the subject better that way. When they are at the end, it doesn't make much sense to me because I will probably have forgotten a few details or not be too interested anymore.
Anjali Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-patil.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Anjali Patil »

Not every book includes pictures but yet we imagine the characters on our own. But, it's always eye soothing if Pictures are included because as they say, A Picture speaks a thousand words.
So as for me, I love to look at the pictures as a slideshow at the end.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I feel that there’s something in the pictures which words can never describe. Watching the pictures always elates me. I try to figure out what the picture wants to convey. Therefore, for me, it doesn't matter whether the picture is at the end or in the middle of the story.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Arimart99 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 00:58
Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 09:25 I agree with your perspective! I like to look at the pictures or understand the references from a text while I am reading about it. It makes more sense to me.
Me too! I prefer looking at pictures while reading because I understand the subject better that way. When they are at the end, it doesn't make much sense to me because I will probably have forgotten a few details or not be too interested anymore.
That was my thoughts exactly. Especially if it takes you a while to get through the book, you will have forgotten earlier details! But, everyone is different and has different preferences. I wondered if it is easier to lump them all together than spreading them out, and maybe that is why it was done this way.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

Anjali Patil wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 06:17 Not every book includes pictures but yet we imagine the characters on our own. But, it's always eye soothing if Pictures are included because as they say, A Picture speaks a thousand words.
So as for me, I love to look at the pictures as a slideshow at the end.
True, not every book has pictures. But, for me, when they do, I prefer them to be with the stories that are being told. It makes it easier for me to visualize (I am not a good visualizer) what is going on. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 08:14 I feel that there’s something in the pictures which words can never describe. Watching the pictures always elates me. I try to figure out what the picture wants to convey. Therefore, for me, it doesn't matter whether the picture is at the end or in the middle of the story.
I can see that. For me, I am not great at visualizing, and it is easier for me to see it as the story unfolds. Otherwise, I would prefer the pictures to not even be there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

I really did not care for the placement of images in the book but now that you have bring it into discussion I started giving it some serious thought. I can understand having them at the end kind of like a summary of the book. However, having it in between text would help to better visualize and understand the concept.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Reader-247 wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 15:47 I really did not care for the placement of images in the book but now that you have bring it into discussion I started giving it some serious thought. I can understand having them at the end kind of like a summary of the book. However, having it in between text would help to better visualize and understand the concept.
I do not mind pictures in this kind of book, but I feel like it would have been better for them to be in context, not at the end. For me, sometimes it takes me a few days to read a book and I might not remember the events the author is talking about. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

Yes I agree that if the pictures would have been placed as and when the incidents mentioned in the book it would be good to relate.
But I guess the author wanted the reader should get a recap of the book and so laced pictures at the end.
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

yeah for me both seems quite similar but some might want it even between the chapters so yeah it depends upon different individual but for me both are preferabel
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Devalsodha wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 01:13 Yes I agree that if the pictures would have been placed as and when the incidents mentioned in the book it would be good to relate.
But I guess the author wanted the reader should get a recap of the book and so laced pictures at the end.
Yeah, it's hard to know why they are that way. I wondered if it was cheaper or easier to print that way too. I guess it would be good as a recap, for those who take the time to look through them. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

zayyyna wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 02:29 yeah for me both seems quite similar but some might want it even between the chapters so yeah it depends upon different individual but for me both are preferabel
I prefer them to be in context, not in the middle of the book, or the end. It makes for a more enjoyable reading experience for me. If it takes a while to get through the book by the time I get to the pictures I have forgotten what they are referring to. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
Vishnu Priya B
Currently Reading: The Unwanted Guest
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishnu-priya-b.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Vishnu Priya B »

I like it when pictures AND any kind of personal information to be at the end of the book. It's not required to improve the understanding of the context. However, it can come as a pleasant surprise when added at last.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Vishnu Priya B wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 10:02 I like it when pictures AND any kind of personal information to be at the end of the book. It's not required to improve the understanding of the context. However, it can come as a pleasant surprise when added at last.
I like pictures in the book, but prefer them to be in context. I also enjoy when personal information is at the end of the book. I agree pictures are not required at all in order to understand the context of the book. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I would have preferred if the pictures were in context. I think that would have been more appropriate and helped drive all points home. Otherwise going to refer at the end seems tedious.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”