Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Eluan Robert
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eluan-robert.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Eluan Robert »

Although Healthcare should be a necessity it's still a choice for others like those who can't afford healthcare services. Taking care of our health is really important but when someone can't afford it, it becomes a choice. I've met people who take it as a choice
Chetna_Kharbanda
Currently Reading: Unsound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chetna-123.html
Latest Review: "Are You a N****r or a Doctor?" by Otto E. Stallworth Jr. MD MBA

Post by Chetna_Kharbanda »

I agree. In today's world, healthcare is not just an option it is a necessity. Various life-threatening health ailments are hovering over the life of even kids let alone old aged. No person at present must be spared from some or other health issue, whether minor or major. Some of the treatments may end up drilling a large hole in one's pocket. So, I agree health care and insurance are as essential as food, home, and clothes.
Ivan Nechaiev
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-nechaiev.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Ivan Nechaiev »

I think yes. It would be more reasonable to have medical insurance than not to. Life is very unpredictable. You can never know what will happen to you tomorrow.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

cd20 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 16:14 The author states, "We should be able to agree that everyone during his or her life will require some form of medical care. Given this, it is not a choice, but honestly a necessity for all (p79)." Do you agree or disagree with this?
I would say that health care is both a necessity and a choice. It's a necessity because life happens. A sudden illness, and unexpected accident, a rapid global pandemic, no one knows how their lives will play out. So in this sense, health care is necessary for everyone. However, anyone in need of medical care can still opt not to take up that option. They're people that for some reason choose to sit with their illness. So yes, it is a necessity if we want to maintain our quality of life, but people still have a choice not to take it.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I agree with the author that everyone will require healthcare in their life. However, income inequality and prohibitive practices make medical care inaccessible to those who need it the most.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

I think health care is a must but is it the healthcare we know with drug companies making fortunes? Or the marketing costs of information on glossy colored stock, and fancy brochures? Where is the commonsense in all things, especially healthcare?
Intel
Favorite Author: Sarah Dessen
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
fav_author_id: 3879

Post by Intel »

I do think it's true. Not everyone has to go to a hospital but there are just certain moments that do require medical attention. I feel as if life comes with its up and downs to the point where one cannot always be healthy .
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

I agree with the author that healthcare is a necessity because no one has a hundred percent clean bill that he/she is healthy. It might be allergies, headache, flu and even pregnancy(not a sickness tho). But i also think it's a choice because it's not everybody that can afford it.
Tayyaba Rehman
Currently Reading: The Last Letter From Your Lover
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B07Z4681LQ

Post by Tayyaba Rehman »

I completely agree with the author. Having access to good healthcare is everyone's right and yes, definitely a necessity. No one wants to get sick or injured but these things are unpredictable and when they happen, healthcare does become a necessity.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

Healthcare is necessary, just like food is also necessary. How can you make it a choice when you have no control over what happens to your body. Healthcare is as necessary as living itself
VanessaEspero
Currently Reading: Before We Were Yours

Post by VanessaEspero »

cd20 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 16:14 The author states, "We should be able to agree that everyone during his or her life will require some form of medical care. Given this, it is not a choice, but honestly a necessity for all (p79)." Do you agree or disagree with this?
I would say, I agree. Health is first and foremost the most essential in our lives. We are talking here about our own very lives and health is linked in our lives. Say for example, if we are ill we are not effective person in our daily lives
VanessaEspero
Currently Reading: Before We Were Yours

Post by VanessaEspero »

Agree! Definitely healthcare is a must in our lives. One must understand that when you are ill, you must swwk medical help. In other words, health care is essential to our lives
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Trapped in Pairadice
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Creole »

I consider health care to be a necessity. I have been a beneficiary of such. However, it can be expensive, and sometimes it cannot cover some medical bills. I believe it's better, though, to have it than not. The choice is yours.
Udogu Oluebube
Currently Reading: Perfect Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-udogu-oluebube.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg

Post by Udogu Oluebube »

No matter how much we wish, we or our loved ones not to fall sick. And no matter our claims that don't fall sick or unwell.
The fact is, the human body like every machine needs maintenance, which does not necessarily mean taking medication.
But eating right, leaving in a good and neat environment, good hygiene, proper rest, choosing to be happy etc.
Are all healthcare, therefore health is a necessity to live a good life.
BellaGBear
Currently Reading: Ethnography after Humanism
Bookshelf Size: 1567
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellagbear.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by BellaGBear »

We all are very likely to need heatlhcare at some point in our lives!

However, I think even the knowledge that having a health issue would NOT make you bankrupt is the even bigger benefit of insurance and a good healthcare system for the people who are currently not sick. It does something to the mental health of people, knowing that one accident can wipe out all the achievements you gained in lives in financial terms.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”