Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Dominique P 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Dominique P 4 »

I believe everyone needs healthcare. So yes health care is a necessity and should be free to all US citizens
Angel Tochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-tochukwu.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Angel Tochukwu »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 11:05 Healthcare is no doubt a necessity, you can need it even without medical issues (for example, pregnancy and childbirth). But the insurance part depends on the system, and there are countries where the health system is entirely free. In my country, we have a mixed one, part public and part private, and people without health insurance can obtain healthcare regardless.
Third world country leaves group chat :lol: (I'm from one by the way). We hope to one day enjoy the healthcare benefits that those in developed countries do enjoy.
Gemechis Gunja
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gemechis Gunja »

A I strongly agree with the author healthcare is not a choice, because demand for healthservice is not some othing a consumer can decide like other product....any one can fall under healthcare need at uncertain point in time which can't be avoided by choice.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

100% a necessity!! Health should not be taken for granted. It's more than being a choice. Every individual needs healthcare.
Carly Sprout
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

It seems that all of the comments here are of the opinion that healthcare is a necessity, and I agree. Nevertheless, as others have noted here, because of financial constraints and the outrageous cost of basic healthcare, it often becomes a choice that many people end up having to make - to forgo medical treatment for other necessities, such as transportation to work or food and electricity.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

My take on this is that healthcare should be a necessity. From the recent pandemic that was ravaging the world, hygiene was part of the preventive measures. So someone who doesn't take his/her healthcare seriously can be a victim of this virus which in turn can affect others. So based on this example healthcare should be a necessity.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

Good healthcare should be a necessity and not a choice because it affects those around us. When we adopt good healthcare measures it will be shown to everyone.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

Yes! healthcare is a necessity and not choice. This is because human are not created in invincible to illness at some points in life. So preparing for when probably health issues will arise is wise. Such as getting health insurance plan. So as far as we want to live, health care is a necessity
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I agree with the author on this. Healthcare is a necessity and not a should it goes down to affect those around us if neglected.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

From my experience and everybody else's around me, it's a necessity. you can never know what can suddenly go wrong.
Agbata Precious 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious-1.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Agbata Precious 1 »

According to the author, health care can't be a choice. It is a necessity for everyone, even the insurance I think they are necessities.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

Healthcare is a necessity. We don't plan for bad but emergencies happen sickness can come in and healthcare is what makes us stronger.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

I don't think anyone would want to die, so health is necessary for everyone.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

It's not a choice, and I wholeheartedly concur with the author. Nobody can predict when they will experience health problems. For instance, I didn't anticipate developing chronic illnesses in my thirties that would have a significant impact on almost every part of my life. I'm just grateful that my medical expenditures were covered by insurance. There is no doubt that health insurance is necessary.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

In my opinion, healthcare service is a choice and a necessity, it is required of every citizen who wishes for a good healthcare service.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”