Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Kim Jek »

I absolutely agree. No one has perfect health, therefore, we all need the suggestions offered in this book. Particularly, health insurance is key.
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

Am with the author in this one. I believe health care is a necessity, not a choice. If it is made a choice then that means a lot of lives are at risk.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

I agree with the author, "healthcare is truly a necessity". We all require one form of health care one way or the other as far as there is life. Eating revolves around healthcare. We can't just do without it.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I definitely agree with the author! I don't believe anyone can go through their entire life without requiring some form of healthcare. I think that it is definitely a necessity and shouldn't only be available to those who are privileged enough to afford insurance.
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

Taking care of one's self is the greatest gift you can give to yourself, but there are some inevitable conditions which one can't evade no matter what. There those who inherit health condition from family line. So I would agree with the author's statement that everyone in life might require some form of medical care. I would also emphasis the need for medical insurance, this will really help.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I believe that it is a necessity. People get sick all of the time, so I think that it is a necessity to have quality healthcare because one can never know when they will need it.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Kaitlin Licato
Currently Reading: Shakespeare's Guide to Parenting
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-licato.html
Latest Review: The Sylvan Horn by Robert Redinger

Post by Kaitlin Licato »

I absolutely agree that healthcare is a necessity. It should not have to be a choice. People shouldn't have to debate whether to get a necessary surgery or pay for food this month. That just shouldn't be happening anywhere.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I agree. We are unlikely to move through life without ever needing some form of care. Access to medical care can be the difference between life and death and as such it is a necessity.
Mikah Stroude
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mikah Stroude »

Undoubtedly, healthcare is a necessity! This is considering the rise of various new diseases and the fact that persons become ill more easily now-a-days. Furthermore, I think healthcare should be free for all persons regardless of the socio-economic status. In my country, I am blessed to have free healthcare but I feel sympathy for those countries where persons must pay for health services. I hope this will change, as with this current times, getting sick is almost inevitable.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

I am in complete agreement with the thing that each one us does feel the need of medical care at some point of our lives. It is something that can't always be predetermined. No matter how perfectly fit and fine a person is, there are things that aren't always in our hands, current pandemic being the most recent and well-known example. So, yes, healthcare isn't a choice but an absolute necessity.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

This shouldn't be a question at all. Healthcare is the most important for everyone. Either u take care of yourself or not this is for everyone. Especially in such times having health insurance is a privilege.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

I definitely agree with the author. Healthcare is a necessity. Any unfortunate incident can happen to us at any point in our life and it's good to be prepared. Insurance is expensive but healthcare is much more expensive without one.
Pearl Hijabi
Favorite Author: H M Irwing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-hijabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 1986

Post by Pearl Hijabi »

Definitely agreed with the author. Every human needs healthcare at some point of life. Be it a disease or by accident. But the insurance to rely on as a cover is also most beneficial in my opinion.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Susan Kihleng »

I definitely agree with the author that it is a necessity. I'm honestly surprised it would even be a question. There's no way to predict what tomorrow will hold, so it is better to be prepared.
Maria C 1
Currently Reading: Anxiety and stress
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Maria C 1 »

The author gives wonderful example in her personal life. If it weren't for Health Insurance she may be in debt. I personally agree that people should have health insurance, but in today's society it is kinda difficult. I have also worked in the health care system and you have no idea how painful it was seeing patients unable to get their medications because they were too expensive or times when they couldn't get it because their insurance wouldn't cover it either. I think we first have to find a way that will help everyone, not just those one Medicaid and Medicare, to make it easier for them.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”