Which chapter is the most useful?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Which chapter is the most useful?

Post by cd20 »

Dr. Regis covers quite a bit of information in this short book. Which chapter did you find the most useful? For me, I think it was chapter 11, Emergency Plan. While the information might not be new, it is still a great idea to have all of this in one place in case an emergency happens.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

chapter 7 was the best for me.... this chapter was titled “ advocate for yourself. You deserve the best ! When we do our research and share our feelings with doctors and such, we prove that we can advocate for ourselves and we all deserve that
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

My best chapter was Chapter 11. I found a lot of new information that I had previously had no knowledge of and which I believe could help me n times of an emergency.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

The most useful chapter for me was chapter 7 because it is very important to advocate for yourself. Others may not find it important but we need to make sure we have our best interest when it comes to our health. This can be done by being honest with doctors about our conditions and figuring out what's best for us.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I liked chapter seven because I am taking advocating for myself seriously! It doesn't always make the doctors happy, but it is what we all need to do! So, chapter seven was the best!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 22:52 chapter 7 was the best for me.... this chapter was titled “ advocate for yourself. You deserve the best ! When we do our research and share our feelings with doctors and such, we prove that we can advocate for ourselves and we all deserve that
Yes, I found that one helpful as well. Most doctors are so busy that we HAVE to be advocates for ourselves. Some only want to treat the symptoms, not find the cause. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Ahbed Nadir wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 04:38 My best chapter was Chapter 11. I found a lot of new information that I had previously had no knowledge of and which I believe could help me n times of an emergency.
Yes, I agree. While some of it was common sense, some of it was good information and reminders. Trying to gather all that while you are in the midst of an emergency would be a nightmare. Thank you for sharing your opinion.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

jaym_tan wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 12:02 The most useful chapter for me was chapter 7 because it is very important to advocate for yourself. Others may not find it important but we need to make sure we have our best interest when it comes to our health. This can be done by being honest with doctors about our conditions and figuring out what's best for us.
I agree, this is a good chapter as well. We have to advocate for ourselves, no one else is going to do it. I have had doctors that do not want to listen to what is going on, just give medicine and go. Being honest and upfront about everything is the best way to go. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

B Creech wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 13:53 I liked chapter seven because I am taking advocating for myself seriously! It doesn't always make the doctors happy, but it is what we all need to do! So, chapter seven was the best!
Yes, this was a good chapter as well. Some doctors just want to treat the symptoms and not find the cause, so you are right, rather it makes them happy or not, we need to be advocates for ourselves. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Living in a Two-Faced Jungle by Michael A Powell

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I liked chapter seven, which discussed advocating for yourself. I think this is very important. We need to do our research and find out what is best for us, even if this doesn’t always make the healthcare provider happy.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Cazrichmond wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 14:32 I liked chapter seven, which discussed advocating for yourself. I think this is very important. We need to do our research and find out what is best for us, even if this doesn’t always make the healthcare provider happy.
Yes, I think that is very important too. Doctors are so busy they do not always have the time to figure out what is going on or want to rush you, so being able to stand up and advocate for yourself is important. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

the most usefull and important chapter should be the chapter 7,the title of the chapter is the advocate for yourself, we must take care of our health by ourself,advocating oneself helps to avoid major problems building in ourself for future .
cd20

Post by cd20 »

zayyyna wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 03:33 the most usefull and important chapter should be the chapter 7,the title of the chapter is the advocate for yourself, we must take care of our health by ourself,advocating oneself helps to avoid major problems building in ourself for future .
I thought that was a useful chapter as well. It is very important to advocate for yourself, especially if you are seeing a new doctor, or have a doctor who is not every attentive to what is going on with you. I think it is also important to be prepared in case of an emergency. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Samavis89700
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samavis89700.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Samavis89700 »

Like many other people, I found Chapter 11 to be the most useful because it covered the basics for an emergency plan, something that I do not currently have prepared! So that chapter was a good reminder to get an emergency plan ready just in case something happens. I think many people do not have an emergency plan prepared either, so I think that Chapter 11 is a pretty essential chapter for almost every reader!
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Samavis89700 wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 22:14 Like many other people, I found Chapter 11 to be the most useful because it covered the basics for an emergency plan, something that I do not currently have prepared! So that chapter was a good reminder to get an emergency plan ready just in case something happens. I think many people do not have an emergency plan prepared either, so I think that Chapter 11 is a pretty essential chapter for almost every reader!
I would agree. It is always good to have an emergency plan, better to be safe than sorry. I felt like the author covered everything that would be needed. While there were other useful chapters, I felt chapter 11 was the most useful for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”