Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Frankline Orwa
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Frankline Orwa »

That author Barbara in "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" has used originality of it own kind when writing the book about battling with cancer and the challenge she undergoes and how she conquer it which gives the reader to see a dim of hope at the end of tunnel I will rate this book 4 out of 4 and tell everyone out there to go and grab a copy
Gurjind Kaur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gurjind-kaur.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx
Reading Device: B08N57JJB7

Post by Gurjind Kaur »

Well.. Being an healthcare professional myself I will definitely read this book. 😁 thanks for the amazing review.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Even though I didn't generally enjoy the book because I didn't like the context and all. However, one thing that stood out was that this book was professionally edited. And this must be stated.
ReaderAisha2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readeraisha2020.html
Latest Review: Your Adventurous Life Awaits by Maryann Remsberg and Brian Remsberg

Post by ReaderAisha2020 »

I rated the book four out of four stars and I would recommend it to people who want to use or understand the healthcare system. The book is not very long or detailed, so I see it as an introduction to the subject more than anything
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by the_ashfeathers »

'Surviving the Business of Healthcare' is an exemplary medical book, the author captures the essence of the plot well and has made even medical details captivating for the readers. It's an essential read for those who struggle with keeping up with their health, advice and inspiration are all just bundled up in the pages of this one book. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. I love how this book really tries its best to inform its readers and encourage readers to be more proactive when it comes to health matters. I also find this book to be professionally well edited.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

Books about health are always a welcoming read for me, and this one was no different. What I enjoyed most was that the author took a lot of time explaining several medical terms, which made me understand her medical condition better. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. Moreover, the book is professionally edited. Health enthusiasts would really enjoy this one.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

"Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis is an interesting book. What I love about this book is that the author shared her story with the reader, and eventually helped others who are fighting cancer and other illnesses. The information Barbara gives us is priceless.
Kathryn Collins
Favorite Author: Mark Leon Collins
Currently Reading: Inquirer's Bible
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-collins.html
Latest Review: Poems About Things That Mattered Most by Bob Dowell
fav_author_id: 196676

Post by Kathryn Collins »

Yes,and I loved her over all tone in the book. She was very up, positive and encouraging. It is like she is rooting for us to succeed and giving us the tools to do it.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Post by Ruth Naomi »

Apart from being an exceptionally well-edited book, the points included are full of wisdom. Written from the perspective of a physician, I learned a lot. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

"Surviving the business of healthcare" is a well edited book easy to read. I like the informative content, how problems are presented, and later gives a solution for it. The author did a very good job with the medical jargon; it was understandable even for people with little medical knowledge. I would definitely recommend this book.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

I love this book because it gives much-needed enlightenment to patients and their family members. I liked the author included her own experience when she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. I'm sure everyone wants better healthcare. Therefore I would recommend this book to anyone who wants additional insights into the healthcare system.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

This book deserves a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 for me because of how simple it is to understand the author's points. What I like most is that the author gives detailed examples to support her points. And I believe readers interested in having a stress-free process in getting health care will find the book beneficial.
Jessi_reads
Currently Reading: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessi-reads.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jessi_reads »

Overall I am rating the book with 3 out of 4 stars. It has a lot of good information in it, and the writer's views are well understood. The aspects she showed mostly applied only to the US, but even though I could get new information for myself even when I am outside the US.
I rather disliked the fact of her personal journey, but this is very subjective. It was simply not really interesting to me how things were done in her hometown or how she went through the stages. I think it is interesting in general and informative, but it would have been better for me to put the personal site in another book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think that giving readers a way to evaluate their healthcare is a valuable service. Many people do not realize that doing their own research on their medical problems can be so helpful. Knowing that she has also been a patient and consumer of the current system and at least an observer to the one in the past lends credibility to her stand.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”