Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
taejin jin
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taejin-jin.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by taejin jin »

This book will get a 4 star rating for me. I need a self help book because lately I've been feeling unmotivated and this was just what I needed to pick me up. Great work by the author.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

Every book has an audience, and this book has a clear fit for whom it is recommended to. It was exceptionally written, the message was insightful, and the youth could learn a lot from Jeff Meyer. I give it a perfect rating!
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

I give the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I like the combination of self-help and religious content. As a religious reader, I like the Christian perspective on following dreams. I would recommend the book to my fellow Christian readers and any other open-minded individual who likes self-help comtent.
Rochelle457
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rochelle-schoeman.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by Rochelle457 »

The message of the book was very inspiring. It encourages us to follow our dreams and not be prssured by other people to do what they want us to. The book has religous aspects and as a Christian it did inspire me more. But I can see how it may not be suitable for non-Christians.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I believe this book deserves a full rating and would rate it accordingly. It is a self help but religious book on how to achieve one’s dream. I do not recommend to non christains as they may find it offensive. Also, if you want to discover your hidden potential and give your life a turn around as a christsin, then this is for you.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

I very much liked the tips and steps to take to effect change in one's life. Although at some point, the work started getting a bit too religious I have been able to implement these tips into my life and I must say, there has been definite change in how I behave.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

I also liked the Venn diagram exercise as this helped me to see in plain view my talents and my desires and my likes. It was an introspective journey that has given me much needed insight into my capabilities and the dream that I wish to pursue. I would rate this 4 out of 4 stars. Its a must read for everyone.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

The author, Jeff Meyer implemented a never seen before conversational style of writing that I hadn't experienced before and I must say this vastly improved my experience with this book. It made the text more lively as I was able to see how my different choices could lead to different scenes or different outcomes and this was quite the learning experience for me.
mbhuibregtse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I enjoy "self-help" books so I liked it, but I felt it was pretty vague and no different than many other inspirational books I've read. Some points resonated with me for a little bit but I wasn't influenced enough to take many actions.
thepensivist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thepensivist.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by thepensivist »

I think this book was good overall for a self-help book, so long as you can put aside how much religion is used as a foundation for the methods recommended. Most of the suggestions made are founded on the Christian faith and using the faith as a way to boost you along to your goals. I think it was written and organized decently well, with some actual good points made. This is a book I would likely recommend to my dad, as he enjoys books like this and is big into religion.
Hadegaz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hadegaz »

I've read many books on how to realize your dream, but the reason I recommend this one the most is that it states the tools that will enable one to realize their dreams. Good job here.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I'll definitely rate this 4 stars because the message are viable and relevant. Due to the fact that human must be faced with difficult situation and will definitely need a self help book to work with. And everyone has a dream and needs to pursue it regardless of anything.
Maria_Kubicova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-kubicova.html
Latest Review: Tales from the Gray Area by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Maria_Kubicova »

I would give the book a four-star rating. I like the author's message about pursuing our aspirations, and I didn't really mind the biblical aspect of the book. It was a really motivational book.
mchidoori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mchidoori »

My overall rating for this book is 5 out 5. The reason being when you are down and experiencing life un expected changes like this covid era, you need some token of inspiration through this motivating book.
Ahbed Nadir

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

taejin jin wrote: 18 May 2021, 04:00 This book will get a 4 star rating for me. I need a self help book because lately I've been feeling unmotivated and this was just what I needed to pick me up. Great work by the author.
I will definitely recommend this book to you. It changed my life to be honest. If you're feeling unmotivated and need a boost or a kick to get going then this is it for you

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”