Do you agree with the writer that"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty"

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
china_doll
Currently Reading: Feminist Therapist: How Second Wave Feminism Changed Psychotherapy and Me
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Do you agree with the writer that"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty"

Post by china_doll »

Youth is generally a carefree and boisterous time of our lives. Only a few adults have managed to retain their childlike joy right into adulthood. And this childhood energy can help push through life's hurdles and challenges.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty."
I have to agree with the author here. When you're young, you're naive and innocent, and life is full of goodness and beauty. There aren't the distractions of the world to keep you from seeing the goodness out there. As you grow older, you experience sin and heartache from that sin. For some, that can be when they are still children, and it robs their innocence. For others, it's when we start to see and understand life. It's also easy for us to gravitate to negative thinking and, therefore, miss the beauty in life. I think as we grow older, we have to make a conscious effort to see beauty. We have to eliminate distractions and focus in order to see the beauty that came so easily as children.
Ateshi John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ateshi-john.html
Latest Review: The Unlikely Cowboy by James E. Doucette

Post by Ateshi John »

To say that youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty, is both right and wrong to me.
I deem the statement right because from observing the striking difference in children, teens and adults it's is clear to see that children are easily the happiest in this group.

However, such happiness is born from innocence and ignorance of how the world truly works and as such can we truly say they know or understand happiness if they don't know sadness. My argument is, how can one claim or define happiness if he doesn't know what misery is. As such the supposed happiness youths have cannot truly be justified as they only see the beauty of a one sided picture.

The happiness felt by one who knows what pain and ugliness is, can only be caused by seeing a true beauty. And so youth may have happiness in quantity, but quality is always best.

That's why it's easier for young people to fall into depression than seniors and experienced people who see the big picture of life and choose to see true beauty when they can.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Frankline Orwa wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 21:40 "Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty" Generally i agree with the author statement. What about you? Do you agree or not?
Yeah, it does. Maybe not consciously but it's deep-rooted. Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”