Meaning of life

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Meaning of life

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Yes, I agree. The meaning of life is to create. Create new ideas, new dreams, new life, create art, music just live through your creation. What a beautiful thought.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The true purpose and meaning of life can be a very subjective topic, with no correct answers. Anyhow, here's my input- I think that life is designed to be lived, and to live fully. What does this mean? This means become the best version of yourself, and after that, help others become the best versions of themselves.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I think we are given this life and the skills and ability to create a life that ends up being the very best it can be. That creative “best” can be in our everyday things can be, as easy as while we are kids, we start finding out what our voices can do, our minds can create and things we can make. Plus I also believe just like others have said, that God put us here to be ourselves and be creative and try to reach people to help him in lots of ways. The ability to be creative means that you have moved out of getting bored and now into something fun and not boring.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

cd20 wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 14:33 The author states that the meaning of life is to create. Do you agree with this, why or why not? As an interesting aside she also uses the six days of creation (discussed in last month's book forum) as an example of how God created in six days.
Yes, life is creation. It's just like the birth of a solar system. Planets are born. Same with humanity. As we are brought forth into reality. We all have the opportunity to create something innovative.
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

To be quite honest, I've always thought that the point of life is just to exist, and that anything you decide to do with your existence is entirely up to you and independent of any other influences. Trish Ostroski makes a valid argument, and although I do understand it, I can't say that I'm convinced by it.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”