Favourite section of the book?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Muzafar Iqbal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muzafar-iqbal.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Favourite section of the book?

Post by Muzafar Iqbal »

What was your favourite section of the book?

Mine was the second section because I found it the most interesting. Particularly like the part when she became unemployed and she used the time to reinvent herself.

Also thought the title sounded pretty interesting.
Muzafar Iqbal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muzafar-iqbal.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Muzafar Iqbal »

Forgot to mention this in the original post. Particularly liked the quote: "Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
Bridgetbruso99
Currently Reading: MY FRIEND Marilyn
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgetbruso99.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Bridgetbruso99 »

I really liked the first section. I thought she picked a good first story to start off with because I found it really inspiring. It sets the tone for the rest of the entire book and you really wonder with the title what on earth those things are going to have in common. I really want to do a marathon now. And I want to dress up like those Elvis people.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I like the first part and how the book starts with the marathon story. The author is creative in using the marathon as an analogy to her life experiences.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

The first part of the book. The reason I love this is because she relates her life experiences through a marathon story. It was a really great part.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by britcott30 »

I like the first part of the book. I feel it always interesting to read other people’s experiences and what can we learn from theirs.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I liked the last section of the book. It was said unexpected, funny and really thrilling. The author was motivating and told stories that were heartwarming, especially the ones of jobs she had to work, artists she met and places she traveled. It was all just astonishing.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

As an avid runner, I thought the comparison of a marathon to the author's experiences contained in the first section was relatable. Just like life, a marathoner needs proper both before and during the marathon.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I think the introduction and the first section were my favorite parts of the book. I found it the most interesting and put together.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Ojil Elton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ojil Elton »

The tittle is catchy and I liked it. I also like the first part where the author relates her life with marathon. The comparison of life with marathon prepares the reader for amazing ups and downs that the author will undergo in her lifetime and creates a sense of anxiety. Thirdly, I enjoyed her stories from when she lost her job and how she maneuvered the situation, the artists she came across and the places she travelled to...her autobiography is amazing and inspiring.
simo12
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by simo12 »

It establishes the pace for the remainder of the whole book and you truly wonder with the title what in the world those things will share practically speaking. The creator was propelling and recounted stories that were inspiring, particularly the ones of occupations she needed to work, craftsmen she met and puts she voyaged.
Joez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joez.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joez »

My favourite parts in this book were the end of chapters where she included the quotes. I think they gave perspective to the chapter and gave a good wrapping to the sections. I also loved how Trish Ostroski created a stress-free book. It's so easy to read 😊
Michele H
Favorite Book: Frozen Harvest
Currently Reading: A Siblings Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michele-h.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michele H »

The very first chapter in the book was really most impactful for me and has stayed with me. Comparing life to a marathon was very thought-provoking for me personally. I had never thought about it that way before but it’s very true.
photosynthesis19
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Middle Reaches (Episodes 1-8) by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by photosynthesis19 »

I liked the second section of the book and how the author describes that a period of unemployment can actually turn into an opportunity to self-reflect and reinvent yourself. I thought that these words of advice would be comforting and encouraging for people in all stages in life, from freshly graduated high school students who feel lost and undecided about their future to experienced working adults who get laid off. Section three was pretty exciting too; I really enjoyed hearing about some of the author's adventures in Moldova.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Probably the ending, a part that is chock full of quotes. It allowed you to reflect on the story as whole and what you learned.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”