Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2021 Book of the month, There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond by Trish Ostroski

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

People who find self help books and autobiographies are most likely going to enjoy There's a Rooster in My Bathroom. The book is easy to read and has a lot of interesting insights available as the author shares a variety of real life lessons and experiences.
Muzafar Iqbal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muzafar-iqbal.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Muzafar Iqbal »

I really enjoyed the book and found it quite inspirational. My favourite part of the book was the quote below.

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

By Franz Kafka

I would definitely recommend it to people who enjoy self help books.
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

The book is an amazing piece of work. The fact that the author used her own stories to motivate and encourage the reader makes it very relatable. The reader could see himself/herself in the author.

I love that the book provides the reader with tips on how to navigate through life successfully. I didn't like that the events in the book weren't well transitioned.
Bridgetbruso99
Currently Reading: MY FRIEND Marilyn
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgetbruso99.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Bridgetbruso99 »

I found this style extremely refreshing. Self-help doesn't have to be incredibly boring. She also lead a really cool life with fun stories to actually teach you to find more meaning and life lessons in your own experiences. This book is unique unto itself, kind of like the author herself.
Catie139
Currently Reading: Catena Aurea
Bookshelf Size: 12861
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catie139.html
Latest Review: The L.I.G.H.T. Seminar by Deacon Michael Wesley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catie139 »

Overall, I enjoyed the book. Anybody who has volunteer experience such as with the Peace Corps would naturally have a lot of stories to share that would be unique to any other travel or living experience. However, I would only give the book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. There are several stories that she repeated. I didn't get the impression that the author was necessarily making a different point. I really enjoyed the different quotes that she incorporated as well. It was refreshing, in a way, to see the lessons Trish learned in the midst of her experience.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

This self-help book was both humorous and informative. The author's incorporation of humor makes the book digestible for the reader, they get to learn easily from the author's experiences this way.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

When I looked at the title, I was sure it was a children’s book. I was surprised to see how uplifting and inspirational it ended up to be. I especially love how she talks about life and the positive thoughts she shares with true experiences, There is nothing I didn’t like - I tend to like most self help books and autobiographies.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I think the book cover is attractive and at the time deceptive. I think it deserves a perfect rating. Because the underlying values outweigh the negative. Readers can emulate her life of selflessness towards one another. It's a refreshing and motivational book that I'll gladly recommend to people you who needs upliftment in the challenges of life.
aodonnell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aodonnell.html
Latest Review: Cristos Rising by B.T. Findley

Post by aodonnell »

I just started reading it, but so far it feels very scattered and not professionally edited.
The author has good insights at the ends of the chapters, but needs to do more work focusing the chapters in on one theme and making it clear that's what the life stories relate to. After a few chapters, it's felt mostly like rambling to me. I hope it gets better, as many people have said it's a great book.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

The book is a fantastic way to express the real life experiences and feelings that can help the readers to apply into their life and get benefit.
The author has shared many thoughtful incidents, the problems faced by her, and practical solutions for them.
The book is written in an interesting way so it's different from many of the self help books. I will definitely recommend this book to anyone.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I liked what the author attempted to do in this book. The author wanted to fuse two genres into one product. That is commendable and brave of her. But I didn't quiet like the result. The book was cringey, and it all felt forced. Especially when it came to motivation type from her stories. I like the title. It was one thing that caught my eye and named to pick it up. But overall, the book wasn't that good to me. I couldn't wait to finish it and be done with it. It certainly deserves a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it if one asked about it.
Lynn Connolly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lynn Connolly »

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

My overall opinion of “There’s a Rooster in My Bathroom” is the wrong title and it should be called, “Red Carpet Hollywood”. It was very interesting to read at even a deaf person like me could enjoy to read at. There were a few vocabulary words that I didn't know what their meanings. I give this book 3 stars out of 4 stars. Sure, I would recommend this book to others including deaf people. Today it is my first time to type this using Grammarly software on my iPad tablet and it is my first time to see whether I will get paid for reviewing this book.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

I enjoyed reading the book a lot. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. There's nothing that I disliked about it. I'm sure people who are looking for self help book will find it extremely helpful!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Carina Jordaan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carina-jordaan.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Carina Jordaan »

Normally I'm not a fan of self help books, but the way the author writes the book with the stories makes it an interesting read. Very inspirational.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”